Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 hour ago, Mull said:

I expect the conclusion will be that the rest of the world see you as a bunch of arrogant pricks, but I might be wrong.
Personally I’d see that as a bit of a generalisation, I know at least three English folk that aren’t arrogant pricks.

I doubt they ll care.The problem lies with the way or southern cousins see everyone else as lesser than themselves,an opinion bred into them by ancestors who did actually conquere the world and make Britain rule the waves.

Personally i tend to judge people on how i find them rather than bias my opinion on where they were born.

Recently ive seen a rise in the anti scottish feeling dawn safff,(more than usual),because some of us scots want independance.

They see a pro scottish vote as an anti english vote which just isnt true.We would prefer self rule not because we have any anti english feeling but because we feel we can run our country better than any etonian fuckwit 300 miles away ever could.

3 minutes ago, stihlmadasever said:

Personally i tend to judge people on how i find them rather than bias my opinion on where they were born.

So do I. Tarring us all with the same brush is piss poor form.

I don't give a flying feck where anyone comes from as long as they are decent folk.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Mull said:

I expect the conclusion will be that the rest of the world see you as a bunch of arrogant pricks, but I might be wrong.
Personally I’d see that as a bit of a generalisation, I know at least three English folk that aren’t arrogant pricks.

10 hours ago, stihlmadasever said:

I doubt they ll care.The problem lies with the way or southern cousins see everyone else as lesser than themselves,an opinion bred into them by ancestors who did actually conquere the world and make Britain rule the waves.

Recently ive seen a rise in the anti scottish feeling dawn safff,(more than usual),because some of us scots want independance.

They see a pro scottish vote as an anti english vote which just isnt true.We would prefer self rule not because we have any anti english feeling but because we feel we can run our country better than any etonian fuckwit 300 miles away ever could.

Haven't had a chance to watch it yet....

But the 2 posts above (which clearly shouldn't be viewed as a representative opinion of the majority (but experience (and Wikipedia shows that it probably is accurate https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglophobia))...

They love the inalienable right to express their deep rooted Anglophobia but puff up like a bantam at the merest reciprocation.

I think Grounds Keeper Willy says it best:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Haven't had a chance to watch it yet....

But the 2 posts above (which clearly shouldn't be viewed as a representative opinion of the majority (but experience (and Wikipedia shows that it probably is accurate https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglophobia))...

They love the inalienable right to express their deep rooted Anglophobia but puff up like a bantam at the merest reciprocation.

I think Grounds Keeper Willy says it best:

Your sayin you justify your opinion on wikipedia findings rather than how you find the scots you've interacted with?

Hmmm...

Your a bigot kev and the fact that you've quoted an online search to "back up" your anti scottish feelings says alot about you.

Im not surprised,you've been indoctrined into  these thought patterns from a young age to think a certain way.I dont blame you,its been the way of things for centuries,just as we scots are"programed"to look at the english with contempt and blame you for all our woes,when thats just not true.

As for groundkeeper willie ,replace the words scots with english and its just about right.Ive been to many countries where the distain for the english is apparent,say your scottish and a broad smile appears.

Of course everyone else must be wrong and the english are right...

Edited by stihlmadasever

53 minutes ago, stihlmadasever said:

Your sayin you justify your opinion on wikipedia findings rather than how you find the scots you've interacted with?

Hmmm...

Your a bigot kev and the fact that you've quoted an online search to "back up" your anti scottish feelings says alot about you.

Im not surprised,you've been indoctrined into  these thought patterns from a young age to think a certain way.I dont blame you,its been the way of things for centuries,just as we scots are"programed"to look at the english with contempt and blame you for all our woes,when thats just not true.

As for groundkeeper willie ,replace the words scots with english and its just about right.Ive been to many countries where the distain for the english is apparent,say your scottish and a broad smile appears.

Of course everyone else must be wrong and the english are right...

Stop being such a dick....  You're creating a self fulfilling prophecy ?

Allow me highlight the part you chose to misquote "...(but experience (and Wikipedia..."

Where Wikipedia is clearly the subordinate partner to experience....

I have lived, worked and recreated quite extensively in Scotland - from the Central belt to the Highlands and Islands.  Even had an article published which examined the significant social, political, economic and cultural comparisons between Edinburgh and Glasgow.

Your "aggressive aggressive" (rather than passive aggressive) puffing up like a bantam does little to dispel the myth.  

Is the BBC more credible than Wiki for you?  http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/theeditors/2006/07/scottish_experiments_1.html

Get y'self lathered up with the blue face paint, I'll wrap myself in the glorious magnificence of the Cross of St George and we'll meet at Berwick for a ass whooping - put this one to bed once and for all..... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can't think offhand of any nation in the UK who actually likes the English. Look back at history, because the rest of the other countries of Britain do, and they don't forget. The average Jock makes an elephant look forgetful. My first wife was Irish Catholic, that was exciting as I was a squaddy who'd just come back from Ulster, second one Scots Protestant,  so I can speak with some authority on the subject.  It annoys the present Mrs Cropper when meeting the French for the first time and they ask if we are English. I always reply that we are British, myself English and the wife Scottish. Stilhmadasever is correct when he says that the Scots are welcomed with a smile,  especially over here, the Auld Alliance. My French friends always include my wife in any joking anti English banter. When we did the National Census 15 years ago over here, my neighbour's daughter was collating the info. When she wrote English for our nationality, we explained the difference, she replied that "Don't worry, it's all the same thing". That went down well with Jolly Jock. As has been said, there's good and bad in every nationality, people are just people, but we are all different. Thank goodness for that. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, donnk said:

nowt wrong with a jock in a frock.

Quite so!

In fact, I recall wearing the Cornish hunting tartan kilt to the France / Scotland 5/6 nations rugby at Parc des Princes in ‘99. 

I was living and working in Glasgow at the time. I travelled with a gang of Scottish pals and it was an awesome weekend. In part because I had no interest whatsoever in the outcome of the game - France / Scotland, who cares who wins! But also I completely missed the game, woke up in an apartment with a French girl and a Japanese girl... but that’s a story for another day!