Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

6 hours ago, Chessa said:

Folk driven by money may not be “bought”, but they may be more easily corrupted by it instead.

Saying and doing as one pleases is a maverick management style that delivers not fresh air, but an arsonists fiery flare. Fire requires air to burn, and some folk seem to believe that they deserve more air - even if it means the asphyxiation of others who are simply trying to breathe.

Uummmmmm..ya ok..your far to intellectual for me,fancy wording and such..sometimes you can over analyse things,my generation looks at things more simply and in Black and white.keep it simple as in life.

5 minutes ago, Chessa said:

All three examples were given as “good” things repealed by the current President. It was not laziness, but rather haste in trying to reply that led them to be written here. I do not see the conflict in the last two?

My musings are just that; not prejudice. I did not claim that everything Obama did was good. Rather, I admitted that only some changes he or anyone makes are good. (For the many, rather than the few). 

I am pointing out examples of harm I have witnessed (“detail, not emotion” - as previously requested on here) - in terms of “more bad than good” that have been done by the current administration.

I can add that a flare burning all the air has a decisive effect. It has both the power to injure and destroy as well as to stir emotion and shed sudden light. (Upon the situation, political and otherwise - we find our world turning in, these days). 

So leaving the "cess-pool of political bias" is a bad thing....?

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/19/politics/haley-pompeo-human-rights-bias/index.html

"Today the US took a stand against some of the world's worst human rights violators by withdrawing from the United Nations Human Rights Council. By elevating and protecting human rights violators and engaging in smear campaigns against democratic nations, the UNHRC makes a mockery of itself, its members, and the mission it was founded on. For years, the UNHRC has engaged in ever more virulent anti-American, and anti-Israel invective and the days of U.S. participation are over."

In no way directed at you Chessa, but this seems (to me) to very well apply to the stereotypical Trump detractor:

"...You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye..."

Watch the protests and violence erupt as the US opens an embassy in Jerusalem and damn the US whilst somehow excusing the flag burning and violence of prescribed terrorist organisations...

Set aside the reality of immense human rights abuses of the very countries that subscribe to the UN commission for human rights because it's more important to criticise the US for withdrawing...

I could go on but I wanted somebody define what is 'bad' about Trump (in comparison to Obama or just in general) rather me saying why I think it ain't actually as bad as many folk want to convince themselves it is because then I'll be able to say, "...no it's not prejudice and conscious bias, they actually have a point there..."

I'll leave that floating....

• Like 6

2 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

somebody define what is 'bad' about Trump

during the election I read a bit about his bone spur draft dodging and my conclusion was that he used his intellect and/or his families connections to avoid being killed in a military conflict. He is a good businessman, but if he is indeed a draft dodger I believe that alone should have prevented him from taking office. They should have one of the old generals doing it - someone who has actually put their life on the line for their country.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/02/us/politics/donald-trump-draft-record.html?smprod=nytcore-iphone&smid=nytcore-iphone-share&_r=0

Edited by tree-fancier123
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

So leaving the "cess-pool of political bias" is a bad thing....?

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/19/politics/haley-pompeo-human-rights-bias/index.html

"Today the US took a stand against some of the world's worst human rights violators by withdrawing from the United Nations Human Rights Council. By elevating and protecting human rights violators and engaging in smear campaigns against democratic nations, the UNHRC makes a mockery of itself, its members, and the mission it was founded on. For years, the UNHRC has engaged in ever more virulent anti-American, and anti-Israel invective and the days of U.S. participation are over."

In no way directed at you Chessa, but this seems (to me) to very well apply to the stereotypical Trump detractor:

"...You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye..."

Watch the protests and violence erupt as the US opens an embassy in Jerusalem and damn the US whilst somehow excusing the flag burning and violence of prescribed terrorist organisations...

Set aside the reality of immense human rights abuses of the very countries that subscribe to the UN commission for human rights because it's more important to criticise the US for withdrawing...

I could go on but I wanted somebody define what is 'bad' about Trump (in comparison to Obama or just in general) rather me saying why I think it ain't actually as bad as many folk want to convince themselves it is because then I'll be able to say, "...no it's not prejudice and conscious bias, they actually have a point there..."

I'll leave that floating....

Pondering the previous post over a fry up, I think this sums up how I feel about habitual Trump detractors that don't really know why they don't like him:

Just off top of my head: good but, then repealed: Obamacare? Various specific Acts relating to LGBTQ+ rights, (repealed on the day Trump swore in as President) UN human rights council membership (repealed today).

These views are my own. They are just views, unresearched - so any specific analysis relating to initiation dates and long term effects pre and post repeal are not supported by lengthy justification of postulation by me here. 

Ah yes.... the Orwellian named “Human Rights Council” at the UN.
Those bastions of freedom such as, Russia, China, Venezuela, UAE, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia. DR Congo, Etc... (not many Pride marches going on in them places).

After trying to seek reform from within, engaging with fellow members and getting absolutely nowhere the US has done the right thing in walking away. (IMHO)

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, TIMON said:

Ah yes.... the Orwellian named “Human Rights Council” at the UN.
Those bastions of freedom such as, Russia, China, Venezuela, UAE, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia. DR Congo, Etc... (not many Pride marches going on in them places).  ?️‍??️‍??️‍??

After trying to seek reform from within, engaging with fellow members and getting absolutely nowhere the US has done the right thing in walking away. (IMHO)

Continental Europe (and by extraction, the EU) and NATO potentially next methinks...

Damn those devil Yankees for changing the course of WWII and casting an umbrella of security (which has facilitated the liberty and free speech that we all now enjoy (unless your name is Tommy Robinson of course)) over Western Europe for the past 70 years at greater expense to them than to 'us.'  

Take your Yankee $ and go home, Europe is full of the type of booming economies that can, and will, put their own hand in their own pocket to fund their own defence....

It is, isn't it.....??

Somebody please say yes or we're really up shite creek...

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Chessa said:

If only life was as simple as our everlasting youthful dreams yearn for it to be so.

Life is that simple..just have an opinion on what you think is Wright and what is wrong...cause 9 times out of 10 there is nothing you or I can do about it and it’s not worth the time and effort and worry trying to make a difference.live your life the best way you can,meet interesting people,be kind and understanding,make a living at what you love and do best..and stay healthy simple

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, tree-fancier123 said:

What Trump is trying to do to the Mexicans the native americans should have done to the europeans - get them out before they spread like a cancer

Is that a statement of support for Trump?

Theres quite some logic contained therein so long as it’s recognised that that which has gone before cannot be changed, only that which lies ahead can be influenced. 

• Like 1

Never mind that vast swathes of Texas and California were Mexican, until kinda recent like.

just saying like.

Ah kinda like the Mexicans I do.

Dont really know why, but I do, probably due to their inclination to do hard, and unwelcome to others, physical labour.