Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

A picture can tell a thousand words. 

What do the do gooders in this thread think of this one? It's taken on a French beach in the recent "temporary" state of emergency. Does anyone here really want to live in a society where children building sand castles need to be protected by the army?

I wish everyone (who wants it) could live in a nice safe prosperous european country if they wished. However it's become evident that allowing third world people into Europe is making Europe a more dangerous place to live. It's time to build a massive wall around Europe to keep them out. 

image.jpg

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, onetruth said:

Don't know about the people you refer to, but you are quite right - accepting large numbers of immigrants (economic or refugee) will mean some criminally minded or sociopathic people will get in among them; such people can be found in every population group.  The question is: would you prefer to ban them all or accept the inevitable problems that come with compassion?  This isn't an easy question and everyone will draw a line somewhere.  But societies that are intolerant or fearful of outsiders tend also to be intolerant to descent against the establishment by their own people, too.  Balance the freedom:safety thing how you see fit.

You're starting premise, whilst seemingly noble and humanitarian, is wholly flawed.  Not only is it fundamentally flawed, but clinging to it, despite the weight of evidence (not from what is casually labelled as "far right extremists" by certain elements in a lame attempt to discredit the logic, but also by political, intellectual and (tellingly) EM / immigrant 'big hitters') is, ironically, facilitating and perpetuating the very conditions which place vulnerable populations into desperate situations.  

There is no solution to be found in the uncontrolled re-locating of historically, culturally and religiously incompatible peoples from one region - with unique geography, climate, socio-economic, cultural, spiritual blah, blah, blah.... into another which is so far removed from the known norm as to be akin to dropping them on the moon.

That's an opinion rather than a fact.  Only a blind man (or someone with unbelievable naivety from the comfort of their suburban idyll and who had never visited Bradford would disagree however.)

Importing asylum seekers into a country which is so far removed from their norm is frankly cruel to them and dangerous to the receiving country.  Compare the rules / regs for adoption - the suitability and compatibility checks that need to be fulfilled.  That's not to say the 'world' (which translates to the Western world) shouldn't 'feel' like there might be a moral imperative to try to act in the case of great human suffering....  But it's the HOW that matters.  

Assistance should take the form of in-country (or adjacent country / regional) aid, always with the end-state aspiration to resettle into the original country, rather than relocating a pitiful number into a wholly unfamiliar environment and expect them to stabilise and integrate.  

8 hours ago, matelot said:

Yeah, my heart really bleeds for all those asylum seekers staying in Calais trying to make it to the UK 9_9

Those French are such extremists with their fine food and really attractive woman. It must be absolute hell staying in France.

Now that, I found genuinely funny....  (ironically) in a cross between a Frankie Boylesque, harsh, cut-to-the-bone, satirical fashion merged with a Basil Fawlty / 'Allo 'Allo stylie.....  :lol:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

I wouldn’t burn all my cash just because my mate is skint.

That would make us both equally screwed.

Who thinks that would be a good idea?

This could take some time but I'll restrict myself to 3 named individuals and 2 of the main groups of their support base:

Jeremy Corbyn

John McDonnell

Dianne Abbot

All of the membership of Momentum

The mentally impaired....

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, onetruth said:

4. You are referring to Brexit? It's not over. We all lost.

Like I said your ideologically impotent. 

You also conflate the E.U. with Europe. 

The E.U. is a non democratic attempt at creating a European Superstate. It's leaders are not chosen by the demos (ordinary citizens). 

Farage was correct to ask 'who are you?' 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

This could take some time but I'll restrict myself to 3 named individuals and 2 of the main groups of their support base:

Jeremy Corbyn

John McDonnell

Dianne Abbot

All of the membership of Momentum

The mentally impaired....

You leave diane alone ya big bully. And spell her name correctly! How dare you.

There is no solution to be found in the uncontrolled re-locating of historically, culturally and religiously incompatible peoples from one region - with unique geography, climate, socio-economic, cultural, spiritual blah, blah, blah.... into another which is so far removed from the known norm as to be akin to dropping them on the moon.

I think the native amercains would agree with you  they were happier before Columbus turned & up hordes of europeans came  & messed up everything for them.

However immigration has always happened & probably always will, but funny how white immigrants are ok but not other ones, who don't look like natives.

So  are poles ok  but not syrians or were the catholic irish ok? or how about the  protestant scots in northern ireland send them home? Is there a sliding scale, or are only anglo saxon immigrants to OK? (They aren't  for some locals here in Wales).

Its this kind of thinking is why people are being masscared in Burma atm.

• Like 1