Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

37 minutes ago, stihlmadasever said:

You missed the point completly!

You use words like poached,most come here of there own free will.

What has "free will" got to do with it?

Imagine a hospital in Pakistan, there's a talented surgeon that does a lot of skilled operations. He's offered a job in the NHS and he moves to the UK.

Q. Has the hospital got worse because the surgeon has moved to the UK?

A. Of course it has.

It doesn't matter if the surgeon left due to "free will" or he was kidnapped to work in the NHS. The end result is the same.... The hospital in Pakistan has got worse....

The hardcore racists don't like it when it's pointed out that skilled immigration from poor countries is bad for the poor countries...

There is the possibility that a lot of these foreign doctors are practising over here, saving lives, earning mega bucks then sending some of that money and in time their knowledge back to their country of origin?

Surely that' a win win for both sides! Well maybe not depending on people's personal  views and how they would like it twisted.

I would like to know why it seems to be so difficult train UK citizens to fill the medical staff shortage though? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, matelot said:

What has "free will" got to do with it?

Imagine a hospital in Pakistan, there's a talented surgeon that does a lot of skilled operations. He's offered a job in the NHS and he moves to the UK.

Q. Has the hospital got worse because the surgeon has moved to the UK?

A. Of course it has.

It doesn't matter if the surgeon left due to "free will" or he was kidnapped to work in the NHS. The end result is the same.... The hospital in Pakistan has got worse....

The hardcore racists don't like it when it's pointed out that skilled immigration from poor countries is bad for the poor countries...

Granted taking a skilled surgeon away from a hospital will mean a loss in skilled personell for that particular hospital which just happens to be in a third world nation.

But the key word here is choice.

That skilled worked CHOSE to leave and go work abroad, as you did.

It freed up a position that will be filled by another doctor.

In my opinion most foreign nhs staff train here then decide to seek employment here as its a better option..its that simple.

How many doctors and nurses from 1st world nations go out to third world countries to work for

aid /charity organisations?

Can you explain to me what a hardcore racist is?

In my mind your either racist or your not

I dont understand the term "hardcore racist"

10 minutes ago, stihlmadasever said:

Granted taking a skilled surgeon away from a hospital will mean a loss in skilled personell for that particular hospital which just happens to be in a third world nation.

Praise Be! At last someone else seems to understand the blindingly obvious!

1 minute ago, matelot said:

Someone that thinks we should poach third world medical staff for the NHS when the countries the medical staff come from have massive health issues....

Nope thats too easy.

C mon lets pretend were at the pub and i asked you this question.

Whats a hardcore racist?

6 hours ago, difflock said:

Well!, Timon, that's hardly an unbiased opinion then, is it?

P.S.

I used to "court" a girl wot went to Art School in Brighton, got knocked up by a teacher/lecturer/lecher, had an abortion(D& C if I recall), then had a wonderfully happy healthy son, as a result of the "aborted" pregnancy.

She figured she had been carrying twins and they only vaccumed out the unlucky one!

cheers

mth

P.S.

That's even deeper, Man!

Delivered with a characteristic light touch Marcus! :D

Despite his racial handicap, I'm surprised that Sailor Matelot is still free to plunder the realms of Arbtalk with his tall tales of people from afar. 

That link I hoyed up earlier http://intellectualdark.website/

Is full of excellent resources.  It annoys me when people think I'm left wing just because I don't hate people because they have different skin pigmentation to myself.  If someone's a dick, they're a dick.

• Like 3