Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 minute ago, stihlmadasever said:

So if you dress a female in sexually provocative clothes its expected that men will paw them...

Pretty dangerous territory your gettin into matelot..

It's a grey area though. Every nightclub in the country has girls wearing very little getting pawed... And loving it....

Dont get me wrong, to touch a random girl up is disgusting. However we can't deny human sexuality....

4 minutes ago, matelot said:

It's a grey area though. Every nightclub in the country has girls wearing very little getting pawed... And loving it....

Dont get me wrong, to touch a random girl up is disgusting. However we can't deny human sexuality....

Hmmmm... no!

I dont know what nightclubs you frequent that you see all these girls getting pawed and loving it, but allowing sexual harrassment and saying its just human sexuality is an opinion that belongs to Alf Garnett and has no place in modern society

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, matelot said:

Matey, you are trying to swerve answering my question.

Don't let the side down chap, wouldn't want to look silly now, would we.

1 hour ago, stihlmadasever said:

Pretty fckn simple rules apply here

No one has the right to put there hands on another person,whether its a joke or innocent intentions.

My worry is that we will be bullied into a position where the above is morphed into 'no person is allowed to touch another person without their permission.'

I don't think anyone who thinks a little about human interaction will want to end up here.

We certainly need to learn and abide by what is generally acceptable and what isn't, but we need to find a balance (which will inevitably sometimes go wrong), so we don't end up in a position where no-one, bar a very select few, want to be.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, matelot said:

They were at an all male event acting as hostesses. Let's be honest here, they were employed because they are sexually attractive, they'd have to be fairly stupid not to expect sexual banter or a slap on the bum.

Really? So because they’re attractive they should expect a slap on the bum? 

If someone used that as an excuse for touching up your missus at work, or your daughter, you’d just tell them to get over it?

4 minutes ago, Gary Prentice said:

If someone used that as an excuse for touching up your missus at work, or your daughter, you’d just tell them to get over it?

I can answer this one. No he wouldn't, he'd be livid, like the rest of us.

But you must learn to get over it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gary Prentice said:

I wonder who’s making an issue of it? The waitresses or the uncover reporters at the event?

Sounds like its the report how filmed it and was under cover:thumbdown:, they should of sent in some under cover waitress good at self defence and put the gropers i there place:boxing:, FLOOR. 

1 hour ago, Gary Prentice said:

In some jobs women get unwanted attention. If you don't want such attention you shouldn't really be working as a hostess in an all male event.

In December I took a hot 24 year old shopping to Ann Summers and bought her some love balls. I have to confess afterwards we were walking up some stairs and I slapped her bum. I just hope the Internet police don't come and arrest me.

3 hours ago, stihlmadasever said:

If someone touched my wife,daughter or sister inappropriatley id do time for smashing the c@nts face too a pulp.

3 hours ago, stihlmadasever said:

In scotland that could get you glassed

I understand your sentiments and at one time I would have reacted the same way but it is not a rational response to what happened. Nor is giving back the money raised as that was probably the only good thing that came of it.

Nowadays I would be annoyed but would expect my missus to deal with it appropriately herself and if truth be told nowadays she would probably secretly feel flattered. 

I do not condone what happened but it has been blown out of proportion which is exactly what the undercover reporter wanted in the first place.

How come nobody's said owt about deaf people going to concerts and then whingeing they missed out?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, the village idiot said:

My worry is that we will be bullied into a position where the above is morphed into 'no person is allowed to touch another person without their permission.'

I don't think anyone who thinks a little about human interaction will want to end up here.

We certainly need to learn and abide by what is generally acceptable and what isn't, but we need to find a balance (which will inevitably sometimes go wrong), so we don't end up in a position where no-one, bar a very select few, want to be.

Been out tonight so catching up on the thread (I know I should read to the end before jumping in) but can't help myself...

The bit in red....  could I propose an amend / addition?

"and that people shouldn't necessarily be judged by 'today's standards' for yesterday's behaviour.....  (I'm not suggesting that which was illegal then, shouldn't be addressed now, rather that as awareness and attitudes change with time that we don't seek to crucify people for what today might be judged as heinous social gaffs which, back in the day, might have been viewed with slightly less hysterical zeal?)

I also confess to a degree of ulteria motive here....  I may, in a not too distant future, stand accused of being ejected from the 1993 Devonport Field Gun Crew dinner for assaulting the stripper with a rather large dildo, cast out into the night by my contemporaries dressed in nought but flip-flops, a grass skirt and a flower garland  since said girl, having been assaulted with a friendly weapon, refused to return to the stage.....  

And I'm not even going to think about the donkey incident in a strip joint in Panama City! 

• Like 2