Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

9 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

1.7k UK road fatalities as at 2013

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/359012/indicator-table.xls

54 people died on Devon and Cornwall's roads in the 12 months up to June 2017. The figure was 44 the year before.

(BBC Radio Cornwall)

Excess winter mortality in England and Wales was back in line with average trends in 2015/16. There were an estimated 24,300 excess winter deaths where 15% more deaths occurred in winter months than non-winter months.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/excesswintermortalityinenglandandwales/2015to2016provisionaland2014to2015final

It’s not “making the news today” but I have to wonder why.....

60 odd die in dreadful circumstances (is there a “good” way to die?) (on a side note, what’s the opposite of a rhetorical question?) in a tower block....

A slack handful (of ex-pats) get their yachts wrecked in their tax haven (and some locals die.....)

That makes the news....  What’s that all about??

Your stuff has been gong on for yonks and is old news, no one wants to read the old's.:)

Anyway, something that is new this week.2017-09-30-08-51-29-.jpg.98a034f240a0c8cb609146d9981cc876.jpg

10 minutes ago, TIMON said:

Jewish ancestry, believer and follower of Jesus. Jesus was Jewish as well.
I don’t believe God is “bothered”
What’s confusing about that?

Ah so you have a couple of Jewish grandparents then?.. maybe one, a quarter Jew then?...or is it an eighth?..

Anyways problems solved..  

Just a heads up, Jesus wasn't Jewish, he was invented much the same as Sherlock Holmes was invented, but thats for another day..

Look on the internet for foundation myths, the Jews picked Moses for theirs, the Romans Romulus and Remus..  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

Ah so you have a couple of Jewish grandparents then?.. maybe one, a quarter Jew then?...or is it an eighth?..

Anyways problems solved..  

Just a heads up, Jesus wasn't Jewish, he was invented much the same as Sherlock Holmes was invented, but thats for another day..

Look on the internet for foundation myths, the Jews picked Moses for theirs, the Romans Romulus and Remus..  

I think you will find that almost all serious historians agree that the person known as Jesus Christ actually existed.  Even Richard Dawkins accepts this.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TIMON said:

I think you will find that almost all serious historians agree that the person known as Jesus Christ actually existed.  Even Richard Dawkins accepts this.  

As someone with a lifelong interest in the subject, I can safely say, and without any doubt that he didn't..

Richard Dawkins is defaulting to consensus, nothing more..  its easier to conform to consensus than do some research, I suspect he never had the time or inclination to research the subject...

On the other hand Richard Carrier has a PHD in ancient history and has written many peer reviewed academic publications on the subject, you should look him up.. 

• Like 1

Richard Dawkins never had the time or inclination.....really?
Hmmm...
he has devoted the best part of his life’s work to refuting the claims of the bible.
Not wanting to derail this thread away from what is “making the news”
Here’s an interesting article from The Guardian, not really known for being a pro-Christian publication and while I don’t believe for one second that this will change your mind, it will at least serve to give the subject a wider perspective.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/14/what-is-the-historical-evidence-that-jesus-christ-lived-and-died

1 hour ago, Vespasian said:

As someone with a lifelong interest in the subject, I can safely say, and without any doubt that he didn't..

Richard Dawkins is defaulting to consensus, nothing more..  its easier to conform to consensus than do some research, I suspect he never had the time or inclination to research the subject...

On the other hand Richard Carrier has a PHD in ancient history and has written many peer reviewed academic publications on the subject, you should look him up.. 

Just shows what little you know . His real name was Brian , I've seen the actual film .  Also he would never use a Stihl hedge cutter .......:D

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4