Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Personally, I dont feel like this island is particularly mine just cos I was born here or my forefathers fought for it etc. I do however feel very grateful for the opportunities and huge benefits that I have had living in the UK.

The opportunities and huge benefits only happened because our ancestors called it 'home', fought for it and took pride in trying to create a society that encouraged fair mindedness and being reasonable decent human beings unlike other hellholes around the world.

I'm proud to call the UK home and I'd defend it to the death cause it's where my children will grow up and hopefully have the same opportunities I had growing up.

why do so many people today pi$$ all over our ancestor's memories? it's a sure sign that they know nothing of the suffering and sacrifice that is required to defend freedom

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Edited by scotspine1

The opportunities and huge benefits only happened because our ancestors called it 'home' and took pride in trying to create a society that encouraged fair mindedness and being reasonable decent human beings unlike other hellholes around the world.

I'm proud to call the UK home and I'd defend it to the death cause it's where my children will grow up and hopefully have the same opportunities I had growing up.

why do so many people today pi$$ all over our ancestors memories? it's a sure sign that they know nothing of the suffering and sacrifice that is required to defend freedom

I feel exactly the same Tim.

I think the growing tendency toward childlessness plays a part in the lack of patriotism.

The fact that many European leaders are childless is very worrying, IMO.

I feel exactly the same Tim.

I think the growing tendency toward childlessness plays a part in the lack of patriotism.

The fact that many European leaders are childless is very worrying, IMO.

So being childless leads to a lack of patriotism? Sorry but imho that is nonsense.

Some of the most patriotic people I have ever met have been either childless or not gone down that path yet.

Sent from my iPad using Arbtalk

So being childless leads to a lack of patriotism? Sorry but imho that is nonsense.

Some of the most patriotic people I have ever met have been either childless or not gone down that path yet.

Its a "point of view" or an "opinion" to which we are all equally entitled :001_smile:

I respect your right to hold a different one to me and expect the same in return :001_smile:

Its a "point of view" or an "opinion" to which we are all equally entitled :001_smile:

I respect your right to hold a different one to me and expect the same in return :001_smile:

Please note clearly 'in my humble opinion'![emoji6]