Show your tractors

Will Cobb

8 minutes ago, AJStrees said:

Proper job! Lovin the spuds and onions!

It's a hobby that may someday turn into a business, but not until more people understand the real value of food, you can buy early potatoes from Egypt in Tesco cheaper than I can buy organic seed spuds from Scotland.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Conor Wright said:

It's a hobby that may someday turn into a business, but not until more people understand the real value of food, you can buy early potatoes from Egypt in Tesco cheaper than I can buy organic seed spuds from Scotland.

Yep we need to support our local food suppliers wherever we are. Only trouble is all them regulations on food safety and the rest. Don't know if Brexit (shhh) will help it. Round where I am there are 3 or 4 very well frequented small farm shops making and selling their own stuff. All of them are great places. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AJStrees said:

Yep we need to support our local food suppliers wherever we are. Only trouble is all them regulations on food safety and the rest. Don't know if Brexit (shhh) will help it. Round where I am there are 3 or 4 very well frequented small farm shops making and selling their own stuff. All of them are great places. 

100%.

I think I'd rather be a supplier to a small number of local retailers/farm shops than run one myself. I'm better off dealing with weeds and seeds than customers!

Theres something satisfying about seeing your product on someone's shelves.

I used to work on a mixed veg unit and grew to dislike it, not the work so much as dealing with people. As a means to amuse myself in the long evenings it's great, as a sole source of income its not so great.

• Like 3

Hase anyone got or know much about a Case1394? We have one that's been sat in our shed for a couple of years since we got it at an auction.

Fired up first turn of the key after probably a year today, engine looks and sounds surprisingly clean but I'm having a few problems,  which is why it's been sat in the shed! They are- 

1. Arms go up nicely,  but down.

2. I cant get it to rev right up, I think it's just the linkages as I've already adjusted a bit more rev into it.

3. The bonnet, how are supposed to open it, I have managed to fight it open, but now I can't get it to close, part of the tilting frame catches on the air intake. I'm sure this is me not doing it right, but it's a bit annoying!

4. What engine oil should I use, every opinion on google seems different! 

Any suggestions for any of my questions would be great, thanks.