Show your tractors

Will Cobb

I'd want as much hp as I could get without going up to too big of a tractor. 

100hp straight 6 wasn't enough for me round here. Had to turbo it to make it workable. My old case 856xl 4cyl turbo was a flyer though would run rings round the 6 pot non turbo on the road.

Plenty of hills round my way.

For me it would be new Holland 8340, ts115 or mf 6180 minimum... Depends how new you want to go. But you'd want 15-20k for one of the above

Edited by swinny
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

About time I posted a couple of pictures of my new tractor. 
It’s a Lamborghini 950 premium,done about 6600 hours. Ive had it about 2 months and the only thing it’s done for me is be a security block!  My farmer mates tested it a bit in case their smaller John Deere conks out and he seemed to like it- well he supplied and fitted his old radio into it for me??- and he did a bit of flail topping with it, which is something I intend to do with it .

we are slowly working through some oil drips, I took the lift rams off to be resealed this afternoon, as always one was easy, one wasnt?

The loader wasn’t on it when I looked at it, it was literally in the nettles so I’ve had to replace a hose and some o rings on that as you’d expect, and I definitely think it looks better without the loader on!

Im planning on getting it up to scratch and getting used to operating it over the winter, then from next spring hopefully have some work other than just my own to do with it?When funds allow I want to get a muck grab, flail topper, Harrow, 6 ton silage trailer(for chip) and a plant trailer, pretty much in that order???

2D1F4E8F-C054-4503-BA92-5BF10D58148C.png

CE2DC4AA-3D8E-4B16-8947-6D5E938C1F92.png

5BEB9F18-09EE-4158-9007-3A72751B2C67.png

EE4829D4-974A-4D1D-B56C-52FE86D8C0A9.png

395F67CA-8B20-40A5-AD53-0651F92A813F.png

65AE61A4-80AD-4522-BBFF-B7B6E717F3F8.png

• Like 11

54 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

I think that Lambo is pretty much the same as this SAME I’ve recently acquired...

17DAF0FE-7F81-4BA5-ACA0-F953D9E2A3CE.thumb.jpeg.c68714841463eaaa2c44eac10a734873.jpeg

I’d possibly be interested in your loader if you ended up selling it (and it fits this little orange beasty!). 

Nice tractor?
I asked on a group what it was the equivalent of, I’ve screenshot it in this picture.

I can’t see me selling the loader, hopefully it will just be too useful and it should drop on and off fairly easily if I want it off for a while ?

A8A93D3D-4C2E-4DCA-A79D-D83B9A0A25FC.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, william127 said:

Nice tractor?
I asked on a group what it was the equivalent of, I’ve screenshot it in this picture.

I can’t see me selling the loader, hopefully it will just be too useful and it should drop on and off fairly easily if I want it off for a while ?

A8A93D3D-4C2E-4DCA-A79D-D83B9A0A25FC.png

Yeah, mine’s an Explorer 95. Definitely the same tractor in different clothes. 
I don’t blame you re the loader - really handy thing to have.

I wish I owned a Lambo though!!!

• Like 2

On 07/05/2020 at 21:35, william127 said:

Looking at this again,  my Farming Friend says that 100hp is too much for topping and harrowing.  I can see his point of view,  as I will quite happily do paying jobs like that with an MF35. 

But to tow a trailer worth having for tree work, about 6 -8 ton ish I think I need 100hp? Which would then be under stressed/overkill for grass work? 

My opinion is the big one can do what the small one can, but the small one cant do what the big one can? 

Especially as I could pick up a rough but sound little classic for not a lot of I needed to, but if I bought a 75 hp middle ground,  then needed to tow/power more, I couldn't?

What do people think???

I think you will need two sets of tyres fr the two different jobs. K

Here is my girl. A Case JX1090U with a Quickie Q46 loader. Very light, so great as a Stockmans tractor, but not sure that I would recommend for heavy loader work.

Before that had a Case 4230. They weren't particularly loved because whilst the windows gave a good view, they were like sitting in a cooker in the summer. They can be good value second hand. Sometimes even cheaper than the older Case 885.

20190223_115617.jpg

Tractor 1.JPG

• Like 7