Some bargains about.

eggsarascal

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go for it :biggrin:

I'm alright thanks - I have my own boat/wreck already!

Before it was converted, mine was used to raise at least one boat which was sunk below the gunwhales at Bradley yard in Birmingham. You stick the boat alongside, sling a chain at each end under the sunken boat, pump the floating boat full of water to the gunwhales, tighten up the chains and then pump out, lifting the sunken boat in the process. As soon as the gunwhales are above water, start pumping that one too and it should come up. My guess is that the steel is pinholed at the waterline but a big pump will keep the water coming out faster than it goes in. A boat I previously owned which was rescued from the Basingstoke was so bad that the stem post snapped out on the Thames! The lock keepers decided not to argue about the lack of licence (it was being towed off for repair) as there was a serious risk it would just sink in the lock in the meantime :001_smile:

Wooden canal boats are what originally got me into milling.

Alec

Interesting to know how it could be done. With it being submerged in muddy water 4 months would it be salvageable? No experience myself but imagine it would be pretty buggered.

I will let you know if I win it :lol:

Bob

Ha! Having 'recovered' several cars, motorbikes and a golf cart from rivers in London I can only imagine everything will be covered in sludge and would need a huge amount of cleaning before you could even see the damage.

A guy once asked me if i knew the definition of a boat. He said it was a hole in the water into which you throw money!

Ha! Having 'recovered' several cars, motorbikes and a golf cart from rivers in London I can only imagine everything will be covered in sludge and would need a huge amount of cleaning before you could even see the damage.

A guy once asked me if i knew the definition of a boat. He said it was a hole in the water into which you throw money!

If I get it I only want it to go alongside SSAspen for something to blow chip into, it would get gutted anyway. As long as the hull is salvagable it would be worth having.

Bob

image.jpg1_zpsl1vh0srn.jpg

If I get it I only want it to go alongside SSAspen for something to blow chip into, it would get gutted anyway. As long as the hull is salvagable it would be worth having.

Bob

image.jpg1_zpsl1vh0srn.jpg

Do you need helmsman that is not in the least bit argumentative b0D?