My work

AWarb00

Also looks a hell of a lot like 12mm polyprop used as a rigging rope, be aware of the breaking strains:

Rope - sizes, weights & breaking strengths of polypropylene & sisal rope

(although the SWL is only 280kg and consider shock loads)

Could I ask how you got into tree work and what experience you've been able to build up?

yes its a blue 3 strand its one of dads old rigging ropes, i have just bought a 14mm sirius bull rope for rigging so hopefully that will be better,

i got into tree work about 2 years ago using my dads old climbing gear which to be honest wasnt very safe, i have since done more and more working with other people that i know well and have earnt enough money to buy all my saws and climbing gear!

i would by no means say i am experienced but am very keen and hoping to get my tickets this year!:thumbup:

cheers

Ainsley

You are doing well for such a young age.

Keep at it.

My constructive criticism is put the top handle away for a year and climb with an 026, it will stop the 1 handing, improve work positioning and teach you how to read the timber you are working with. This comes into its own when felling and knocking big lumps and limbs off.

And use the chain break, the day you slip, trip or fall using the saw is the day your reflexes will kick in and save your jugular or arm.

Rookies have this thing about stubs, as if their gaffs aren't enough!

But not bad for a sixteen year old mate!

Even starting at fourteen! I was a dufus about bodylines and their usefulness until I was twenty!

Method, and stickin to it, will see you too into your senior years young man.

Prepare for the worst, have a backup for everything as if you're supplying two climbers.

Get a forestry med kit, backboards, arm n leg splints that are pneumatic and apply direct pressure to chainsaw cuts.

Spend X amount of your earnings making yourself the best equipped removal climber in town.

Trust your gut instincts, and go moderate, don't shake or torque any removal more than you need to.

Method trumps speed, and is far more conducive to a long life in this industry IME.

In all honesty though, I purposely steered both my sons away from this industry, precisely because if you do it long enough?

There will be blood, trauma and challenge, much like a soldier faces under duress.

Best of luck to you mate, but training, reading and investing in what you do's the ticket IMO.

Jomoco

If youre not in a position to have two hands on the saw, then you dont have good working position. Only in cases of being way out on limbs is one handling away from the body (kind of) acceptable... get into the good habits while you're young.

Huge can of worms here.... but... carry on, climb safe, cut safe, watch plenty of good climbing/cutting vids on youtube, and yeh, look up Gerry Beranek. He is worth researching :)

Some great advice from very experienced lads in this industry! I like what stephen said about using the back handle saw.Good work position is the most important factor when using a saw in the tree.It will keep you safe and make cutting far easier.

Thanks so much guys! really appreciate all the encouragement and constructive criticism:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

i have a MS230 will that be good enough? i will try that, certainly is a good idea i have read a lot on this website about one handling but when im 50ft up i dont really think 'im one handling' if you know what i mean! i know i should though!:blushing:

as to videos on youtube i dont really spend much time on it! but feel free to upload links of all the good and helpful videos and i will be sure to watch them! its just that i havent time to spend faffing around searching on it! arbtalk is way more interesting!:001_tt2:

thanks guys

A