Rigging rope

AWarb00

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you've be using your dads old blue 3 strand, have you been using a pulley for you top anchor ?

If not and your running the rope through a fork or over a branch, before you buy a nice new expensive double braid rope i'd have a think about buying a rigging pulley or you new rope unfortunately won't last that long once you start lowering any decent size bits.

If you've be using your dads old blue 3 strand, have you been using a pulley for you top anchor ?

If not and your running the rope through a fork or over a branch, before you buy a nice new expensive double braid rope i'd have a think about buying a rigging pulley or you new rope unfortunately won't last that long once you start lowering any decent size bits.

yes i do have a pulley, nothing major though just one of the ISC 50kn red ones, i was wondering about getting the ISC 100kn stainless steel.

i am fairly new to tree work, as some people would know im only 16 so im not doing it every day or making a living from it, its more of a saturday or holiday job which i climb for a few mates of mine. this is why im not keen to be spending hundreds of pounds on expensive equipment although i do think that buy quality equipment and it will last far longer than the cheap crap.:thumbup:

thanks

Ainsley

Is the Sirius fine to use natural crotch rigging?

If not what's a good one to use....thanks

You can use any of it for NC but its not as kind as using a pulley and friction device so your nice rope will get grubby and "fur up"

Google Antal ring, (they are re branded as X rings). They are lighter than pulleys and very user friendly

They give a little friction but not too much. Don't use them with Pollyprop or any UHMWPE (Dyneema and the like). Heat build up and low melt point materials can be a disaster.

Samson's True Blue. If you can get it.

[ATTACH]205767[/ATTACH]

Here's a review

The true blue has long been advertised as a climbing line, though modern climbing techniques and their corresponding rope technologies, have long ago left this line behind, the greatest use for this line is as an everyday lowering line. FAR BETTER THAT DOUBLE BRAID.. true blue can be used on natural crotch rigging (which double braid can't) and its unbelievably durable in this application.. The stretch in the line (which is far more than double braid) reduces shock loads so much as to make this a better line to use on heavier pieces, as there will be less force on the rope and system due to its shock absorption (Posted on 11/4/2010)

what are the views or pros/cons of the x rigging rings vs. yur average block/pulley?

they are simalarly priced from what i can see but what are the revies quality/lasting etc??

thanks

These rings should be better.

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1464883304.868995.jpg.fff956d12b932ed3bea3d4221d288ca5.jpg

https://honeybros.com/Item/ABR_Rigging_Ring

I like this review from Sir Reg Coates

[ame]

[/ame]