When customers want to help!

Macca

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As soon as anyone helps on your job be it paid or unpaid, someone you take or the home owner they are employed by you. You therefore need to carry suitable employers liability insurance,

What a load of ****!

You have no legal requirement to have public liability insurance but as kev points out as soon as you have assistance paid or otherwise you take on the status of " employer"

Extract from here Keynotes news coverage | Keystone Law

Work experience students and voluntary or unpaid ‘helpers’ are classed as employees and if you retain them, you must have the relevant employer’s liability insurance

Bob

I don't think I am devaluing the industry! I am a good climber who does a good job.

I quoted the job for a fair price (£300). This job did not need a 3 man team and a chipper. It took me from 9 till 3, the garden was spotless afterwards and the customer happy and knackered after all his secateur work.

What about that is devaluing the industry?

work how you want mate charge what you like nothing to do with anybody on hear

Well sue me for deformation but I recon your ducking the question and are likely fiddling the tax man, good on you if you are but its unwise to make a spectacle of it on the internet.:laugh1::laugh1::laugh1:

Thought it was "defamation".

It's the only thing I can safely contribute to this thread.

Well sue me for deformation but I recon your ducking the question and are likely fiddling the tax man, good on you if you are but its unwise to make a spectacle of it on the internet.:laugh1::laugh1::laugh1:

I think it was you who made said spectacle, setting it up like a little trap!

Whatever gets you going on a Sunday!

I fear this forum gets over taken by bitter grumpy old men at times who have never set a foot wrong in their lives!

I can only hope that one day I am such a pillar of society but until then I will just carry on being a normal bloke trying to get by.

I think it was you who made said spectacle, setting it up like a little trap!

Whatever gets you going on a Sunday!

I fear this forum gets over taken by bitter grumpy old men at times who have never set a foot wrong in their lives!

I can only hope that one day I am such a pillar of society but until then I will just carry on being a normal bloke trying to get by.

If its a trap, its one you made, I just sprang it, well technically the credit goes to Kev for that.

Yes there are plenty on here who have done a "foreigner", me included but the difference is we didn't start a thread asking how we could circumvent problems that others deal with by playing by the rules.

Don't throw stones in glass houses

ELI may save you in the situation I described.

Should be covered by PLI (not a legal requirement), but if you had that and not ELI, they may try to get out of covering you, with both you should be sorted, IMO.

It may but that's not what I was asking. I asked whether he was serious in thinking that someone in a tree telling a client on the ground to go away has broken the law for few seconds by having someone working for him while not covered by ELI.