Just bad luck I guess

leswold

MS150 is maybe a year and half old, some how the crankcase or engine or something the dealer tells me ( not really sure tbh) has come out of alinement and now if i want them to fix it im looking at around £300 bill.

QUOTE]

Funny that, I had one of those causing the flywheel to rub on the casing, My fix was to use two stainless washers to kick the engine over a wee bit. Didn't charge £300......damn:sneaky2::lol:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tbh ive been so busy i had a quick look over it and couldnt see what was up so i sent it in to my local dealer who found out the problem. At first they changed the clutch band as this had moved and was hitting the chain and sent it back saying it was fixed but first cut proved it wasnt so it went back again and they came back saying basically is knackered!

Think ill have a closer look myself when i get 5 mins

tbh ive been so busy i had a quick look over it and couldnt see what was up so i sent it in to my local dealer who found out the problem. At first they changed the clutch band as this had moved and was hitting the chain and sent it back saying it was fixed but first cut proved it wasnt so it went back again and they came back saying basically is knackered!

Think ill have a closer look myself when i get 5 mins

The screws that retain the engine in the plastic case have a habit of shearing - a bit of a sod to drill out but doable. The flywheel also can catch the casing just behind it - hence the two washers, each one costs £150:sneaky2::lol:

The screws that retain the engine in the plastic case have a habit of shearing - a bit of a sod to drill out but doable. The flywheel also can catch the casing just behind it - hence the two washers, each one costs £150:sneaky2::lol:

Don't worry Jose, I have a couple you can have for only £100 each, and I can personally deliver them as you're not far from me! 👍😂

Feeling a bit sick after an £80 bill to sort an 18 month old MS 362 which wouldn't hot start. Carb clean/new plug (routine I know), fuel pump diaphram & starter solenoid were the causes. Before the faults showed we'd been happy & bought another as back up, which is still under warranty. That, after 5 months developed the same symptoms so went back to another dealer for which we have yet to hear what is wrong. Being without a ground saw I bought a new 441 & blow me, after just 2 weeks it wouldn't run more than 5 seconds. Turns out it needs a control unit which is on back order. Luckily have the original back but am I being unreasonable to expect more? Might start buying 2nd hand if these latest are so fragile. Bought Stihl as not had a problem with their stuff before.

I feel your pain, one of our ten year old 357xp`s lost a bolt out of the muffler the other day. Apparently not covered under warranty .

Bob :)

MS150 is maybe a year and half old, some how the crankcase or engine or something the dealer tells me ( not really sure tbh) has come out of alinement and now if i want them to fix it im looking at around £300 bill.

Planning to moan to Sthil about it as ive had nothing but trouble from them ( got 2) but to have to bin a nearly £400 saw less than 2 yrs old isnt on!

Sounds a bit like my 150 , has it started mullering the carrier , I also thought the fix was going to be expensive so just bought a load of carriers. Then bought an echo 2510 and that had to go back in after a month

Hi Les,

I had similar issues with both my M-tronic 362's and 661 but stihl fixed even though one was out warranty by a few months for no charge. I think this is because they are aware issues with early ones are common place, I can't be certain but that's impression I got.

If your getting no joy contact Camberley direct I've always found them helpful and they will give you a demo saw in mean time.

Only thing is I had to send them off quietly as the rest of my team run huskies and I couldn't face the "I told you so crap"!