Getting rid of woodchip

Will Heal

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good luck on that quest ,there like rocking horse pooooo, so glad i bought mine ,try & buy if you can ,no risk of been kicked off bt greedy landlords

Don't mean to hijack this thread but how did you find a place to buy? I've been looking for two years now. Asking around people, signing onto various estate agents etc etc with no joy at all.

Any tips you would be willing to let me know about finding somewhere would be most appreciated!!!!

We have large wood chip boilers and are currently looking at drying chip to burn. If this comes off then we could take several hundred tonnes a year. Other large boiler users might be going along the same road so might be worth enquiring if you know of any local to you.

That is a good idea. Just need to find who has a large woodchip boiler who is close.easier said than done?

Don't mean to hijack this thread but how did you find a place to buy? I've been looking for two years now. Asking around people, signing onto various estate agents etc etc with no joy at all.

Any tips you would be willing to let me know about finding somewhere would be most appreciated!!!!

try a land agent instead off estate agent ,we rented it for yr i keept asking to buy ,then it happened

That is a good idea. Just need to find who has a large woodchip boiler who is close.easier said than done?

Very true but as a start anyone with large commercial glasshouses in your area would be worth a try. Many nurserys we have dealings with heat with wood chip and if they have a step grate boiler they would probably not even dry it.

Just a timely reminder....

We used to take chip but had to stop because of all the contamination from plastic drinks bottles, cans, wrappers, carrier bags etc. A simple problem that you would have thought could be easily fixed but apparently not so. Moral of the story, if your tip site is valuable to you, don't risk loosing it for the sake of taking your lunch waste home. :thumbup1:

We used to take chip but had to stop because of all the contamination from plastic drinks bottles, cans, wrappers, carrier bags etc. A simple problem that you would have thought could be easily fixed but apparently not so. Moral of the story, if your tip site is valuable to you, don't risk loosing it for the sake of taking your lunch waste home. :thumbup1:

Some people really are morons:thumbdown:

This is my experience too plus the odd log not sorted from the chip.

I don't have my own yard to tip woodchip at. I can tip at another tree surgeons yard but it is a good 30 minute drive or more from where I normally work so I have advertised it free on the local Facebook pages. Lots of people want it but it is a pain having to stop to reply to messages and then waiting for people to get back to you. Or then getting there and people saying' oh I didn't want that much' and only tipping half of it. Does anyone else have this problem? And an answer to it?

try allotments and horse stables where they have sand -school riding areas.