Vat killing me!

simonm

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just got me worried a bit as it seems a completely different ball game now, I have never had so much work disappear as I have recently, it has to be related to the price increase! Just wanna work had and make my money while I can instead of jumping over obstacles! Rant over

To be fair you still have control over the situation as you can just stay below the threshold. If you really feel VAT is going to lose a lot of work and you only just hitting the threshold then should be straightforward. Just keep a close eye on your revenue.

I am whiny tbh Mick, pissed off trying to better me and my family to end up knocked down again, the tree is covered by a tpo, the owner has tried to get the tree removed before but as folk are missing obvious defects and not applying the correct information to the application it is getting rejected, 1 of the other firms had a climber in a tree with trainers, no harness rope etc, top handle with no strop and a bit of tow rope that wasn't long enough! and the other i have no end of bad stories.

I think you may be worrying to much, Its only a poxy £500 tree (or £250 as the case may be!)

The key is charge for the TPO app, which I do if I don't trust the customer and ask on the phone how many quotes they've had. Whats the point in driving all over the county chasing crap jobs! You'll only be disappointed when someones cheaper, if they have 3-5 quotes then someone will always be cheaper.

If they want to use someone else let them crack on. You can always de-register for VAT. I would never go back though even if turnover did drop off.

To be fair you still have control over the situation as you can just stay below the threshold. If you really feel VAT is going to lose a lot of work and you only just hitting the threshold then should be straightforward. Just keep a close eye on your revenue.

While this is true, the revenue will take an interest in you if you hover just below the threshold for a while.

I think you may be worrying to much, Its only a poxy £500 tree (or £250 as the case may be!)

The key is charge for the TPO app, which I do if I don't trust the customer and ask on the phone how many quotes they've had. Whats the point in driving all over the county chasing crap jobs! You'll only be disappointed when someones cheaper, if they have 3-5 quotes then someone will always be cheaper.

If they want to use someone else let them crack on. You can always de-register for VAT. I would never go back though even if turnover did drop off.

:thumbup1::thumbup1:

if they reduced the threshold to something like 20k then it would remove this two tier business structure we seem to have developed. How absurd is it to constrain a company to remain competitive in the market place. Instead they should be allowed to flourish & hopefully employ more staff & pay better wages etc etc.