Sunday Market , possibly knocked off stuff .

Lillywhite Timber

It is possible that the manufacturers could do more - another thing that can be done with autotune kit is storing the owners details on it - not often done!

Happened to be in a Stihl dealers today Steve, the guy who runs it told me everything he sells is having the puchasers name programmed in for the last year or so .

Says the demand is strong for the service .

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah , not loving the attitude of a couple of guys here at the moment . What was your offence ?

Made the mistake of sharing my experience dealing with a client who needed help in his home. A few keyboard warriors told me I should have responded differently. All chips out of the saw now.

Happened to be in a Stihl dealers today Steve, the guy who runs it told me everything he sells is having the puchasers name programmed in for the last year or so .

Stihl dealers have been encouraged to register all products for the last 4 years, also all products sent out from their HQ are traceable to the dealers they were supplied to. This can only help track stolen items. I would suggest etch your mobile number on the crankcase somewhere. Above all before anyone buys these machines, ask why are they being sold, where have they come from. If it doesn't tie up, don;t buy it, you may have it taken off you

I know Husqvarna autotunes can hold similar info but am yet to find one that has this info embedded. It is about time that this is done at the point of sale!

I know Husqvarna autotunes can hold similar info but am yet to find one that has this info embedded. It is about time that this is done at the point of sale!

My 550 has - got it done when I bought it way back in 2012. Surprisingly, the dealer hadn't even thought about doing it before I asked about it.

Yes.....quite - how difficult is it to pop a mobile number in there:001_rolleyes: Bloody simple!!!

It takes long enough when someone wants to pay £10 more than cost, wants it delivering last week and wants to pay for it in 90 days:001_smile:

I have thought about offering it as a free service but until the profit increases it simply isn't worth offering it ATM unfortunately.

The best thing people can do is register it on arbsafe, a lot of stolen equipment doesn't have the serial number removed so is easily traceable. If people can't be bothered doing that then they shouldn't expect someone else to do it for them.

Seem to remember my 2011 560 having my details put in when I first bought it . The dealer said well do it . I did not realize you could at the time .

It takes long enough when someone wants to pay £10 more than cost, wants it delivering last week and wants to pay for it in 90 days:001_smile:

I have thought about offering it as a free service but until the profit increases it simply isn't worth offering it ATM unfortunately.

The best thing people can do is register it on arbsafe, a lot of stolen equipment doesn't have the serial number removed so is easily traceable. If people can't be bothered doing that then they shouldn't expect someone else to do it for them.

good post.