Bandit 90xp reviews please

prolinep

I'm currently looking for a new chipper and wanting something robust and that will last as I only plan to buy one once for at least the next 5 years.

Iv been looking about and wanting something in the 8" line up as I feel that this class is above this whole sub 750kg and going to be built to last. Which a lot of people have told me a bandit 90xp is a good choice.

Never Tried or demoed one so looking for some strong advice before I do.

I'm towing it behind a 3.5t Mitsubishi canter with a gtw of 7t and I have my license to tow so that's not an issue.

Opinions please

I have a Jensen a540 and think it is a cracker of a chipper, it is a 7.5 inch machine and we turn the feed roller speed down and chip that sort of size wood a lot. Keep it all sharp and it does not bother it. It produces excellent chip and throws it a good distance as well. I have had mine 5 years and to be honest I expect it to do another 5. A low hour one would not be expensive and there is not much to go wrong. If I was going to go bigger, I would go for a 990 if you need it and can stretch that far, it does not weigh much more than the 90 and is 12inch. Jon

I'm currently looking for a new chipper and wanting something robust and that will last as I only plan to buy one once for at least the next 5 years.

Iv been looking about and wanting something in the 8" line up as I feel that this class is above this whole sub 750kg and going to be built to last. Which a lot of people have told me a bandit 90xp is a good choice.

I'm towing it behind a 3.5t Mitsubishi canter with a gtw of 7t and I have my license to tow so that's not an issue.

Opinions please

had a 90 for many years good solid machine must be kept very sharp never had any problems

I have a 90, it's great machine. It makes light work of dragging in horrible twisty stuff life hawthorn, cherry etc and throws chip further than anything else I've seen at that size. It is quite a large machine as has been mentioned but still easy enough to fit anywhere you care to put it. It's a good everyday machine that has enough grunt that you can take on very large jobs and your chipper won't become the bottleneck. It's worth considering the 12" machines bandit make which are of similar physical size.

Opinions please

My 75 will fill a mwb canter single cab body in about 20 mins on conifer. I would guess you could halve that for a 90 if you can keep up with it.

A 90 is a big machine, I think they are 14ft+ long and you might as well get a 990 if you are gonna go big, they are not any bigger or really more expensive.

IIRC last time I spoke to dean, you can get a 1390HD and still come under the 3.5 ton tow. Winching in whole 15inch trees would be pretty cool.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Opinions please

Far too big of a chipper to pull with a canter, also it will blow the truck away with the force of chip exiting the chute.

Edited by MATTMOSS
Spelling