Tiny echo!

Maxnaggle

You buy more batteries.

I did a conny topping job recently, three days taking off 15 to 20 ft. Maybe 4/5" diameter max.

Battery saw (with two batteries) lasted till lunch, if I had an inverter to run off the truck I'd have used it all day. I cursed when the 201 came up. I've been conny bashing for many years, I hate it, this makes it less loathesome. Honestly.

Multiple small tree dismantles is where the battery saw truly excels.

Big repollards, fair point, you need more speed through the cut.

Bigger dismantles, don't muck about, get the 540/201.

Edited by Mick Dempsey

Fair point Joe.

It's all about battery saws for pruning and small dismantles now, these diddy petrol saws are going to be defunct in a couple of years.

No they won't Mick. In the past three years my Husqy battery saw has had problems with water ingress in the 'throttle switch'. After the third time flooding the saw while working in the rain I promised myself not to use a battery saw in the rain anymore. That's where the little Echo's come in.

But to be honest? I wish Husqvarna put their money where their mouth is and make their XP battery saws professional environment proof! Fact is, trees are most of the time planted outside and at least here it rains every now and then.

Wolter

I've got the 360tes and the exhaust has burnt through the plastic around it. That's the second time :( absolutely gutted as I love that saw. Wondering if anyone has this problem/has heard anything?

Yes this has happened to my 360 2 or 3 times now.

S'funny how this thread has changed from how great Echos are to the opposite.

I'm not so sure I just see people commenting on problems that Echo will probably take on board.

I had an Echo CS350 a few years ago. Whilst under warranty it had one major and one minor problem. Echo instructed my dealer to fix them immediately and with the major problem I was loaned a saw.

It appears that Echo's policy is to look after the customer first and foremost.

I've been a huge fan for years.

Congratulations on your fandom.

I'll assume that's not sarcastic and I'll say, thank you Mick.

For the last six years I've been buying Echo while everyone's been arguing over which is best, Stihl or Husky.

I've been very happy with the superior quality, superior service and superior performance (no silly e-carb!)

Same here Old Mill, I have used them for as many years and found I have had less trouble, reasonable performance, and good backup.

It's a good brand, and the company are quick to put things right in the event, without leaving you saw less.