after tips for brash burning

tree-fancier123

May have already been mentioned?.... but what is the minimum distance you are allowed to burn stuff from a road?....

Pretty sure there are restrictions for burning garden waste near a road (residential), but not sure about commercial/ arb brash waste burning?

cheers, steve

The only time(s) I have been hassled by the man, they have rattled their sabre about causing nuisance which comes down to smoke, the council bod needs a complaint and evidence. Plod can get on your case if you smoke the road out causing visibility issues.

The secret to burning is simply air, a couple of leaf blowers will keep a fire hot and productive, air burners are a good option

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Going slightly off topic.

I understand if you pour a litre of petrol onto still water it covers something like an acre of water.

I've always thought that pouring petrol onto still water and lighting it would be unbelievable fun/stupid*

*delete as applicable.

A few years ago some ne'er do wells were using the waste ground behind our house to burn old furniture and carpet on a regular basis. We phoned the local councillor and he came out just as the smoke was at it's densest and he called the police on the spot. They were made to put the fire out and served with an injunction not to light fires anywhere in the area on pain of financial penalty. They lived round here a couple of streets away and a bloke I worked with at the time also had the police to them as they lived across the road from him and were burning insulation off wire in a chest freezer, it looked like Dante's inferno round there and the smoke was toxic.

Sorry, didn't realise The good honest traveller folks and the clients of the Police were off limits.

Here you go Dahlings, if you're having worries.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/288613/gean0712bwta-e-e.pdf

Very good effort, that's the document I was looking for earlier.

I wonder how many will actually read it then abide by it?😧

I learnt that burning a big pile of soft-rush (Juncus effusus) makes beautiful embers but before that happens it does produce rather a lot of smoke across the road that is 200m away.

cheers, steve

Edited by SteveA

can someone please tell me why they are saying outright no petrol?

The flavour of petrol spoils the palate for beef or pork, only use good vodka if lighting with cooking in mind. The exception is a dried out cheese sandwich, which quite frankly improved no end by a dunking in two stroke mix and a quick flambee:biggrin: