Staff having to leave for emergency.?

benedmonds

Staff home emergency?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Staff home emergency?

• Carry on with work, can sort it at the end of the day.
    • Expect the worker to sort their own transport at their cost.
    • Pay for cab to take them home.
    • Drop everything and drive them home.
    • Other - please elaborate...

Yes but I would expect to call a cab..

I thought the word emergency was mentioned, hanging around for a cab would not cut it for me. The only thing I would class as an "emergency" would be to do with family , I would go immediately.

Bob

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had a genuine emergency and needed to get a lift back and it was refused for whatever reason, I wouldn't be happy at all. I think, assuming it was a genuine emergency and there was only one vehicle, there should be no second thoughts as to dropping everything. Retaining the respect of peers and colleagues is most important, as you have to work together at the end of it all. Not dropping everything could come across as "yeah, well we get you have an emergency, but tough".

Benedmonds has mucked up with his question..

everyone's confused about whats being got at... but I think I have it now....

"Yes but I would expect to call a cab.." benedmonds.

Seems because he himself would feel obliged deal with his own problems, he wants to know why those that work for him can't do the same...

Benedmonds has mucked up with his question..

everyone's confused about whats being got at... but I think I have it now....

"Yes but I would expect to call a cab.." benedmonds.

Seems because he himself would feel obliged deal with his own problems, he wants to know why those that work for him can't do the same...

Probably for the same reason they work for him, rather than running their own show.

Probably for the same reason they work for him, rather than running their own show.

That logic cannot apply here. I cannot project my stance on a situation onto others and expect them to also adopt it, regardless of circumstance (this includes whether you are an employer or employee). If you are an employer and pull stunts that see you desregard the needs of others in testing times, expect to lose respect by your peers and perhaps lose good staff as well.

That logic cannot apply here. I cannot project my stance on a situation onto others and expect them to also adopt it, regardless of circumstance (this includes whether you are an employer or employee). If you are an employer and pull stunts that see you desregard the needs of others in testing times, expect to lose respect by your peers and perhaps lose good staff as well.

You appear to have missed my point entirely.

Someone who starts and runs their own company may well be the kind of person who would call a cab or make what ever other arrangements that were needed, IMO it is wrong to expect the same from your employees, this is possibly why they are employees.