Chainsaw trousers for the tropics

EairthTree

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your climbing best with type c all round protection chainsaw trousers...all trousers will bake your nads...but pfanner gladiators are my recommendation

Absolute garbage. Sorry, but climbing in such hot conditions, whist wearing type C's would increase the risk of heat exhaustion to such a degree that the risk of a chainsaw cut would be secondary. A lot of people struggle here in the UK with them.

The current AFAG allow the justification of type A even, if a risk assessment is carried out

Edited by Pete Mctree

Life is unsure where I'll be, but I do have a life in Costa Rica where I plan to start my own niche arborist company.

I get hot and sweaty as it is, usually going bare foot with a top off when working there.. So I imagine I'll do as much work as I can with a silky saw mostly naked. Donning a pair of the most breezey type a trousers I can get when I need to.

They sound extremely hot and I'm second guessing investing in them at all as heat exhaustion is definitely going to be a factor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chaps over shorts work a treat in tropical north Oz where it regulary gets over 40 centigrade with high humidity

just be aware that you might get cut by a non moving chainsaw (on the back of your upper leg) on your belt while moving around the tree:thumbdown: