Songs I Am Listening To

Old Monkey

Memories of turning The Roayal Albert Hall in to a mosh pit back in 94.

"Blister in the sun" gets me all pimply. :001_smile:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra8VTlXVqUQ

1985 just after second and last of the good ones came out. The mean fiddler for 3 hours!! did their entire back catalog twice. we all knew each other by the end. they were really nice guys too. Thanks for this clip, great song.

The production on reefs tracks is always quite honest, not too many guitar overdubs, which in turn allows the instruments to breath. Its open and that track in particular is funky town! The English take on the American sound is also interesting. Pearl jam on the other hand couldn't write very well and had to dress it up in American macho posturing and a rhythm guitarist as well. Loads of over dubs and grunge aesthetics to market them. Sorry Mr Ed, not a fan. I liked Nirvana, Mudhoney and green river from the same period though. Oh and smashing pumpkins had some tunes.