what logs have you been chopping today!

william petts

Just be careful with what size tractor you have on....

'Too much power can corrupt'.....

Our processor's powered by a 205hp Case.

You can slow the speed of the blade cutting with an adjustable knob (fair enough), but it still catches me out sometimes, and so you're running for the PTO stop button....

We use our 400joy on a 6400 or 6800 Deere. Absolutely nothing slows it down! The splitter ram has already returned before you can pull the saw back down its that quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the 400 is good. On the 480 we can easily use the 6 way but the ram switches from 15 to 25ton when it's needed,which is most the time on the 12 way so adding the chainsaw to that can make the tractor struggle.

You can slow the speed of the blade cutting with an adjustable knob (fair enough), but it still catches me out sometimes, and so you're running for the PTO stop button....

We did a bit of contracting recently and had our 180hp deutz on ours. Interesting we hardly used any diesel because we ran it idling on 1000 pto. It didn't struggle with the splitting anyway :)

As long as you're running it at the correct PTO speed there should no issue. Its running a pump not a power Harrow gearbox or similar so power should be an issue.

Especially if it's got an emergency cut off button like the Tajfun does.

Fancy trying it on the old TEF20 ourely out of curiosity mind!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We used to get a loan of a processor off a mate which we ran with our valtra - he used to get the tractor now and again as a return.

As some of you will know the Valtra has a PTO shut off at the back which is activated by pulling a plug - we always arranged a cord from that plug to the processor so we could shut down quick.

We also used to run at 540 output through the 1000 pto

Cheers

mac

Edited by muldonach
update