what logs have you been chopping today!

william petts

On 09/05/2024 at 22:53, Just_me said:

How it started, well it started in a field as the wagon driver refused to go through a 17’ driveway. So it was dropped off at a mates and the trailer was used to get it where it is. 
The bags are slowly getting filled. Didn’t buy it to sell but life changes. I may have far far too much now and no real option but to sell. If I do and it sells ok, I may invest in some serious kit. If not I’ll stick splitting by hand or very slowly with the forest master. 

IMG_4463.png

IMG_4452.jpeg

The gateway may be 17ft wide but if it's coming off a single track road at 90deg it's gonna be tight for an artic/wagon and drag? Also powerline above so even if he did get in, how's he going to unload?

8 hours ago, scbk said:

The gateway may be 17ft wide but if it's coming off a single track road at 90deg it's gonna be tight for an artic/wagon and drag? Also powerline above so even if he did get in, how's he going to unload?

Full size European arctics managed? And all he had to do was lift it on the drive entrance? No need to ‘come on’ to the drive if not possible. Not even sure why you’re sticking up for him without facts. Weird. 

Because in your picture there are two posts either side of the gate, that look like power lines and a grab can't be used within about 10m of uninsulated lines.

We're not being dismissive, just world weary after 10+ years of doing firewood. We all work in a particular often redneck fashion as the one size processor doesn't.

• Like 2

Pole mounted transformer to the left of the log pile in the photo, to the right of the gate another pole - yellow "Danger of Death" sticker on it, looks like 3 insulators on top, also a power line, and though I can't see it I would be guessing that the power lines run from the gate pole to the transformer... and right above the drive.

Wow. Commenting on a photo with no perspective and never been there. How odd. It’s 3 acres and the power line only run down one side? Not even sure why there’s a need. You two got nothing better to do than be keyboards warriors? 

You're telling us that the driver wouldn't unload there and looking at the photo that appears to be an obvious reason why. Not really a thing to be arsy about. And in other news today I've just read was the Window Cleaner whose poles got to close to the overhead 33kV line causing a flash over, still in hospital, lost a leg and an arm I think. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Just_me said:

Wow. Commenting on a photo with no perspective and never been there. How odd. It’s 3 acres and the power line only run down one side? Not even sure why there’s a need. You two got nothing better to do than be keyboards warriors? 

Well it's a three phase pole mounted transformer with the three cut outs on the side, possibly 11kv or greater.

Sadly it's called knowing your stuff as obviously the driver wouldn't unload for a reason, or just an argumentative customer?.

Edited by GarethM
  • Like 1

Ah, so now I’m argumentative? Hmm you’ve never met me, nor been to site but yet you’ve made assumptions, you seem to believe are facts. What an insight into your personality traits and upbringing. 

25 minutes ago, Steven P said:

You're telling us that the driver wouldn't unload there and looking at the photo that appears to be an obvious reason why. Not really a thing to be arsy about. And in other news today I've just read was the Window Cleaner whose poles got to close to the overhead 33kV line causing a flash over, still in hospital, lost a leg and an arm I think. 

Oh dear. There’s seems to be some daddy issues going on here. Flex your knowledge some more for me hun x

The Danger of Death label will tell you what it is but yes, it is going to be something in that order, maybe 3.3kV - still enough to cause some 'issues' to the driver, the truck and perhaps the wider local community if you strike it.