Specific tracked chipper trailer

swinny

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a good size and still able to chip whilst on the trailer, albeit a bit of a lift.

Balance looks forward of the front wheel, what's the weight on the drawbar?

I think loading brush into that whilst it was on the trailer at that height would get pretty old pretty quickly. Plus because it hasn't got a bottom stop bar and its above 600 mm (I think that's the limit) above the ground there might be h&s implications.

Just my thoughts mind.

You see i like to chip with chipper on trailer.

Plant trailers have a 6 fr drawbar, your shoots in the middle of the machine so 7 ft or so before the tailgate of the truck.... Then another 8ft to hit the head board!

I use a gd105 so a 4 ft drawbar better then the plant trailer. Also i can throw logs down the side of the chipper too.

I was just looking at these small trailers as the gd105 can go behind a 4x4 ;)

I think loading brush into that whilst it was on the trailer at that height would get pretty old pretty quickly. Plus because it hasn't got a bottom stop bar and its above 600 mm (I think that's the limit) above the ground there might be h&s implications.

Just my thoughts mind.

Fair comment, I've certainly never tried it and don't know the rules regarding stop bar.

To my mind one takes a tracked chipper to site when it is not possible to get the truck to the work, otherwise take a tow behind but if you only have one chipper...

Still looks like the drawbar weight may exceed 100kg.

Fair comment, I've certainly never tried it and don't know the rules regarding stop bar.

To my mind one takes a tracked chipper to site when it is not possible to get the truck to the work, otherwise take a tow behind but if you only have one chipper...

Still looks like the drawbar weight may exceed 100kg.

it sits foarward as the trailer was built around a tw150 not a jensen a530,the 150 rides lower lower so the hopper is lower over the tail gate ,it worked fine for me with no issues ,