some puncture!!!

pete23

Anybody remember 15 years ago, an Air France Concorde ran over a piece of metal that had fallen from a previous departing aircraft. One of the tyres exploded puncturing a fuel tank. There was a fire and the plane crashed shortly after takeoff.

I think that was what ended the concorde. I think it was actually the impact of the tyre hitting the tanks in the wing that caused a pressure build up which burst seams elsewhere in the tank causing fires etc. Could he wrong, just what I remember of it.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my day you could send that away for a factory repair.

yes managed to get tyre to

Tyre Revivers Ltd

Tyre Shop

Address: Kettering Rd, Kettering, Northamptonshire NN14 3JW

Phone:01832 734343

who Specialties are Hot Vulcanised Repairs To Car, Truck, Agricultural and Earthmover Tyres who have repaired some big holes for me!

Blackthorn....thorn. Microscopic hole near the shoulder of the tread in a brand new (like bought yesterday) tyre.

I once had a blackthorn thorn poke a pin hole through the roof of my 110, you could only see it if you got in the back on a bright day and looked up!