Prussik, pulley - Lanyard. On the right track?

diervek

I would just add,i see on your picture you have a pinto pulley already,if you decide to combine that with a eye to eye hitch cord,put the ends of your hitch cord(the eye loops)inside the pulley with the biner going through one side of the pulley then the two ends of your hitch then out the other side of the pulley.

Oval biner works best

Hope that made sense...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why wouldn't you be able to use it on your 38

Just couldn't remember what knots they taught you. I know on mine it was just a blakes for both main line and lanyard so that's what I used for the exam, assuming that's what I had to do. Then switched to what I still use now.

Just couldn't remember what knots they taught you. I know on mine it was just a blakes for both main line and lanyard so that's what I used for the exam, assuming that's what I had to do. Then switched to what I still use now.

As I understand it, you can do your assessment on whatever system you like (excepting SRT perhaps), as long as it's industry recognised/approved.

They'll want you to demonstrate knowledge/competence on a basic system though.

The pulley's for one handed operation, without it I would need to pull the slack with one hand and slide the prussik with the other.... or have I missed something :confused1:

nah i guess that works , iv just only ever seen a pulley used with a french prussick tied not an english prussik.

I realised the lanyard was running the wrong side of the pulley, oops :blushing: I knew something was amiss.

that's just hidden by the fisherman's tail - I hope I wouldn't be that daft... :biggrin:

Haha, sneaky :thumbup:

English prussic on my lanyard with a pulley. Fixed to my harness on my side d's by a triangular maillon so everything fits nicely then a three way crab at the other end. I should have a cut away as I pretty much always have a 3m wirecore on as my lanyard. It still works well with a standard prussic

If you have a prussik on your lanyard you dont need a cutaway... it's only if you have a rope grab or other mechanical device on a wire core when a soft link is a good idea!

I thought that as well, but if you have a pulley tending you could cut the Prussik but the pulley would jam against the end of your wirecore.

It would be a pickle to release with a body hanging off it.