Donald Trumps Comments ......

Stubby

Ha, the BBC is full of plenty of these sort of articles. I'm having none of it. It's all propaganda to promote their world view and sod any of the dissenters who have an alternative opinion, yet they're supposedly "impartial." They've been marxist for years.

As for "hating Muslims." I don't hate anybody, but I'd rather talk about things and be called the usual "racist," "Islamophobe" than brush it all under the carpet and pretend everything is fine.

Most Muslims are law-abiding people, and ISIS are a gross misrepresentation of Islam, but this doesn't deter from the fact that we face challenges ahead in trying to integrate the Muslim community successfully to western countries, and I don't believe this is working or will work.

Not just in parts of East London and Birmingham, but across the mill-towns of the north, like Bradford, Blackburn, Oldham etc, there are parallel communities and this isn't good for social cohesion. Islam needs a reformation, if it is going to modernise.

I agree, Islam does need a reformation. I would go further and say that it needs to be completely educated out of people. This goes for all people who persist in believing in nonsense.

Banning those who follow a religion from your country (admittedly the most violent one) is plainly ridiculous and is not going to be helpful.

The fact that anyone can take Trump seriously is mind boggling, and rather concerning. Most terrorists are Muslim, but only a miniscule fraction of the billions of Muslims are terrorists.

As for the brilliant quotes from the soldier who lost his leg. His comments were posted on Facebook. The fact that the BBC picked up on the story does absolutely nothing to diminish his sentiment.

I suppose since the peanut farmer from Georgia once upon a time did what Mr. Trump was talking about and worse to the Iranians in 1980 that could be over looked, after all we have laws on the books restricting entry in to the US based on religion and seemingly when someone chooses to enforce those laws the name calling starts and personnel insults are soon to follow. My how I have enjoyed reading and learning from this thread.

easy-lift guy

I agree, Islam does need a reformation. I would go further and say that it needs to be completely educated out of people. This goes for all people who persist in believing in nonsense.

Banning those who follow a religion from your country (admittedly the most violent one) is plainly ridiculous and is not going to be helpful.

The fact that anyone can take Trump seriously is mind boggling, and rather concerning. Most terrorists are Muslim, but only a miniscule fraction of the billions of Muslims are terrorists.

As for the brilliant quotes from the soldier who lost his leg. His comments were posted on Facebook. The fact that the BBC picked up on the story does absolutely nothing to diminish his sentiment.

VI , I totally agree with you that the one thing we don't need any more of on this planet is, hate.

I can't help but notice though..... This tiny, minuscule, minority of extremists are very busy and seem to get about a fair bit.

I find much of what Donald Trump stands for abhorrent but, I hope that perhaps some good will come from his comments as our politicians seem to have been living in complete denial when it comes to extremism and how widespread it really is.

When I was a heroin addict all of my supply came from where? And from which section of society? Yes you've guessed it! The elders of said community deliberately targeted British youth with it. I heard the term "soft Jihad" mentioned more than once. Look how many lives are destroyed by it in this country.

How many arb firms have had their gear stolen by addicts desperate for their next fix..... And look at the source.

I'm not into hating anyone... and we do a lot of work for people from that section of society who are really decent, honest folk.

My mum works at a school that is very "multicultural" and it is well known that a very significant number of the kids there are very supportive of extremist ideologies, which are picked up in the home.

To understand why "Jihad" is a doctrine that is easily spread to impoverished, disenfranchised Muslim males it is necessary to understand Muslim theology..

Unlike Christian teachings where eternal salvation is assured through Christ and his atoning sacrifice on our behalf, The Koran offers no such assurance, a Muslim believes that at his judgement his deeds in this life are weighed between good and bad.

If the good deeds outweigh the bad deeds then he goes to paradise.

If the bad ones outweigh the good ones then he burns.

The ONLY way the Koran offers "assured salvation" is by becoming a martyr fighting jihad.

This is why this doctrine is easily spread. It is also why it is becoming more and more widespread, not just in war torn poverty stricken nations but in the playgrounds of British schools.

I haven't written this post as a hateful person, or a religious bigot.

I do have strong beliefs that are grounded in Christian faith and I'm not afraid to share them, but I'm not going to try and force them on people or blow myself up.

Timon

VI , I totally agree with you that the one thing we don't need any more of on this planet is, hate.

I can't help but notice though..... This tiny, minuscule, minority of extremists are very busy and seem to get about a fair bit.

I find much of what Donald Trump stands for abhorrent but, I hope that perhaps some good will come from his comments as our politicians seem to have been living in complete denial when it comes to extremism and how widespread it really is.

When I was a heroin addict all of my supply came from where? And from which section of society? Yes you've guessed it! The elders of said community deliberately targeted British youth with it. I heard the term "soft Jihad" mentioned more than once. Look how many lives are destroyed by it in this country.

How many arb firms have had their gear stolen by addicts desperate for their next fix..... And look at the source.

I'm not into hating anyone... and we do a lot of work for people from that section of society who are really decent, honest folk.

My mum works at a school that is very "multicultural" and it is well known that a very significant number of the kids there are very supportive of extremist ideologies, which are picked up in the home.

To understand why "Jihad" is a doctrine that is easily spread to impoverished, disenfranchised Muslim males it is necessary to understand Muslim theology..

Unlike Christian teachings where eternal salvation is assured through Christ and his atoning sacrifice on our behalf, The Koran offers no such assurance, a Muslim believes that at his judgement his deeds in this life are weighed between good and bad.

If the good deeds outweigh the bad deeds then he goes to paradise.

If the bad ones outweigh the good ones then he burns.

The ONLY way the Koran offers "assured salvation" is by becoming a martyr fighting jihad.

This is why this doctrine is easily spread. It is also why it is becoming more and more widespread, not just in war torn poverty stricken nations but in the playgrounds of British schools.

I haven't written this post as a hateful person, or a religious bigot.

I do have strong beliefs that are grounded in Christian faith and I'm not afraid to share them, but I'm not going to try and force them on people or blow myself up.

Timon

Hi Ti,

It is great and very constructive that you are so willing to talk openly about your beliefs. It is unfortunate that more believers are not willing to join the debate, and one has to wonder why they do not.

The problem I see is that it will be impossible to try and persuade Muslims that their beliefs are wrong when we in the west hold our own equally irrational beliefs and the American president concludes his orders to bomb the middle east with the words God Bless America.

I agree with you that modern day Christianity is a very far cry from the brutality of the doctrine of Islam, but surely the best way to combat religious extremism is to show that ALL religion is silly and unnecessary, and there are many alternative God free paths to follow which can result in the flourishing of mankind.

Hi Ti,

It is great and very constructive that you are so willing to talk openly about your beliefs. It is unfortunate that more believers are not willing to join the debate, and one has to wonder why they do not.

The problem I see is that it will be impossible to try and persuade Muslims that their beliefs are wrong when we in the west hold our own equally irrational beliefs and the American president concludes his orders to bomb the middle east with the words God Bless America.

I agree with you that modern day Christianity is a very far cry from the brutality of the doctrine of Islam, but surely the best way to combat religious extremism is to show that ALL religion is silly and unnecessary, and there are many alternative God free paths to follow which can result in the flourishing of mankind.

I understand where you're coming from, sort of VI, when religion is a thing of the past and no longer exists, do we all become exactly the same with the same outlook on life? Whether we are black, white, yellow, rich, poor, addicted, good living, killer instinct, placid, demented or even nationalistic!

I believe if we all believed in nothing we would be fine!

Your ideal is just that!

But you know that anyway, and you'll say there is no ideal, and if you do say that, you're right I think.

Human nature is played down, we're not very nice really.

I understand where you're coming from, sort of VI, when religion is a thing of the past and no longer exists, do we all become exactly the same with the same outlook on life? Whether we are black, white, yellow, rich, poor, addicted, good living, killer instinct, placid, demented or even nationalistic!

I believe if we all believed in nothing we would be fine!

Your ideal is just that!

But you know that anyway, and you'll say there is no ideal, and if you do say that, you're right I think.

Human nature is played down, we're not very nice really.

A utopian world is certainly unrealistic, but a very admirable state of affairs to aim for. The existence of religion means we are guaranteed to never even get close. That and our propensity for overblown nationalism.

We are all fellow travellers on a ball of rock spinning at 1000 miles per hour, hurtling around our Sun at 67,000 miles per hour. Our Sun is one of 100 billion stars in our galaxy and there are around 200 billion galaxies in the universe.

What a waste that instead of celebrating the astounding position we are in, we choose to slaughter each other over imaginary Gods and squabble to the death over which bits of the Earth are rightfully ours.

If all that energy were put into just enjoying the ride we are all on we could have a blast!:thumbup:

A utopian world is certainly unrealistic, but a very admirable state of affairs to aim for. The existence of religion means we are guaranteed to never even get close. That and our propensity for overblown nationalism.

We are all fellow travellers on a ball of rock spinning at 1000 miles per hour, hurtling around our Sun at 67,000 miles per hour. Our Sun is one of 100 billion stars in our galaxy and there are around 200 billion galaxies in the universe.

What a waste that instead of celebrating the astounding position we are in, we choose to slaughter each other over imaginary Gods and squabble to the death over which bits of the Earth are rightfully ours.

If all that energy were put into just enjoying the ride we are all on we could have a blast!:thumbup:

Morning VI!

I am celebrating the journey :) and thankful for the position we find ourselves in. Even though we live in a very damaged world :)

Have a nice day!

Ti

Sounds good👍

Morning VI!

I am celebrating the journey :) and thankful for the position we find ourselves in. Even though we live in a very damaged world :)

Have a nice day!

Ti

Bravo that man!

With my usual boring predictably, I would say that there's no need to be 'thankful'. But apart from that I'm with you all the way!:thumbup::thumbup: