Comfortable 5/7 seat 4x4 recommendations?

Big J

I sold my 100 series Landcruiser Amazon as it was getting on a bit and replaced it with a Disco 3 massive mistake, but at the time 200 series LC was still 40k second hand, there coming down slowly when thay hit low 20,s I'll grab one in the mean time iv gone yank to handle towing etc but getting back to your motor for your money id look for a Nissan Patrol of Shogun steer well clear of D3 RR & the stupid RRS

Good luck car shopping

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sold my 100 series Landcruiser Amazon as it was getting on a bit and replaced it with a Disco 3 massive mistake, but at the time 200 series LC was still 40k second hand, there coming down slowly when thay hit low 20,s I'll grab one in the mean time iv gone yank to handle towing etc but getting back to your motor for your money id look for a Nissan Patrol of Shogun steer well clear of D3 RR & the stupid RRS

Good luck car shopping

I found a 6 month old 200 series on eBay with 6000 miles on the clock for 55 k including vat so it would come out early forties for me. Seemed like a bargain compared to the 59 plate stuff fo 30 k. Before I shot off to Crewe I drove one in a local dealers and to be honest it was nice getting back in my Amazon. The 200 has a little more power but is carrying a lot more weight. The engine and auto gearbox sounded a bit buzzy and not as relaxed as my old faithful

I found a 6 month old 200 series on eBay with 6000 miles on the clock for 55 k including vat so it would come out early forties for me. Seemed like a bargain compared to the 59 plate stuff fo 30 k. Before I shot off to Crewe I drove one in a local dealers and to be honest it was nice getting back in my Amazon. The 200 has a little more power but is carrying a lot more weight. The engine and auto gearbox sounded a bit buzzy and not as relaxed as my old faithful

I know what your saying, once you've had a cruiser not a lot else comes close my 100 was like a Mars Bar I used it for work rest n play

I will make the leap to the 200 but for now a Dodge Ram 3500 dually with 5.9 Cummings is filling the gap but a bit too big for every day use lol

I looked at the shogun looks ok but I tend to look at it that for 7 k more I can take five years off and get a new one with warranty and no mots for three years.

I like the cummins engines have a sound all of their own makes anew Perkins sound like it is on its last legs. I was trained on the Ktta 50 from memory 50 litre v16. Four turbos and inter cooled we used to get 2000 kva out of them.

Thats the seating position to have if you suffer with a bad back, step in and step out rather than peel yourself off the seat. For this reason I am using a Delica now, all the others are a stretched out leg position which plays havoc on long journeys.

Bob

+ 1 for the Delica.

£5-6 grand would buy one of the last diesel ones as a fresh import with about 30,000 miles on it and like brand new underneath. No computers to go wrong or fancy injectors - proper old school nuts and bolts mechanics

leaving £15K to satisfy it's thirst for Diesel.... :blushing: