Morons!

stihlmadasever

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am seriously thinking of setting up a go pro on every job where the public can get access.

IIRC you are supposed to put up signs warning people that there is CCTV - but it would at least cover us for the 'accidental' accident brigade.

PS did you see the video of the guy in the supermarket - the CCTV led to him losing his case. His dive was on a par with that of a premier league footballer.

I am seriously thinking of setting up a go pro on every job where the public can get access.

IIRC you are supposed to put up signs warning people that there is CCTV - but it would at least cover us for the 'accidental' accident brigade.

PS did you see the video of the guy in the supermarket - the CCTV led to him losing his case. His dive was on a par with that of a premier league footballer.

POV cameras aren't CCTV, ergo. no ruling on signage :thumbup:

As my understanding; You have the right to record / photograph virtually anything and anyone, in a public place — within moral reasoning obviously .

Especially if the interest of public safety. :thumbup1:

Edited by diervek

People are busy, they have stressful lives and unfortunately you are just a guy getting in the way of that. A traffic cone or Arco Hazard tape is not a law, you may think climbing a tree and dangling in a harness is cooler than Tom Cruises Ice Box on his fighter jet but unfortunately you may just another thing to annoy some people on a daily basis trying to get through their day and on with their lives.

That person in the car moving the cone could be visiting a dying relative, have a child in hospital, maybe just lost a loved 1 or late for a job interview that could make the difference of their kids eating that night.

Be tolerant, be nice, be a part of their day and they might start a thread on their favourite forum titled. Saint, A nice person I met Today!, A kind person, A cool guy up a tree helped me!

Ranting on a forum solves nothing, it adds to the negativity that seems to fuel a lot of people's lives.

If you have to wait a few minutes to get a car moved, so what.

Look at what you are trying to achieve, a Forestery operation on a busy street, to have the expectation that everything is going to run smooth is unrealistic.

Yes some people rant, call you names and act badly towards a lot of people but then there are the good folk, the kids waving and pointing thinking you look cool, the woman nudging each other as they walk past, people thanking you for cutting back the tree as it stopped them getting wet or their car covered in stuff, cups of tea and biscuits from thankful people!

Oh then there's the view from the top, looking down on the world going by, enjoying your health and feeling good you are part of a team, doing a skilled job and generally living life.

People are busy, they have stressful lives and unfortunately you are just a guy getting in the way of that. A traffic cone or Arco Hazard tape is not a law, you may think climbing a tree and dangling in a harness is cooler than Tom Cruises Ice Box on his fighter jet but unfortunately you may just another thing to annoy some people on a daily basis trying to get through their day and on with their lives.

That person in the car moving the cone could be visiting a dying relative, have a child in hospital, maybe just lost a loved 1 or late for a job interview that could make the difference of their kids eating that night.

Be tolerant, be nice, be a part of their day and they might start a thread on their favourite forum titled. Saint, A nice person I met Today!, A kind person, A cool guy up a tree helped me!

Ranting on a forum solves nothing, it adds to the negativity that seems to fuel a lot of people's lives.

Look at what you are trying to achieve, a Forestery operation on a busy street, to have the expectation that everything is going to run smooth is unrealistic.

Yes some people rant, call you names and act badly towards a lot of people but then there are the good folk, the kids waving and pointing thinking you look cool, the woman nudging each other as they walk past, people thanking you for cutting back the tree as it stopped them getting wet or their car covered in stuff, cups of tea and biscuits from thankful people!

Oh then there's the view from the top, looking down on the world going by, enjoying your health and feeling good you are part of a team, doing a skilled job and generally living life.

I like your standpoint, I used to have it.... I need to find it again.:blushing:

There was a incident in America recently where a bike courier was wiped out by a falling tree after ignoring signs.

We had an unlocked car under a tree that we couldn't get moved. Handbrake off, 3 of us lifted the back up and wheeled it out of the way :)

If that was the one in Brooklyn Joe; investigation showed no signs, cones, tape, observer. Contractor got the boot.

Hmmm, a different view point and one I've long since ignored. Maybe need to soften up a little in my old age.