Dmax issues where do I stand?

Woodworks

You might need a different vehicle you definately need another garage.

If they are stupid enough to lower the level they are not bright enough to look at the software and get to the bottom of the problem.

If it's in warranty peck their heads until it's fixed. If it's out of warranty get rid.

I had a disco d4 commercial a year ago heap of crap with the v6 ford engine never out the dealer had to go.

Nothing worse than a work truck you can't trust to get you home or you are constantly listening for the next noise.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from the Dealer.

Been plugged into computer and nothing initially found to be wrong.

Solution to the high oil level was easy fix for them, they drained the excess :lol: I kid you not.

Then tried to charge me for half hours work!

Hi wood HOW OLD is the truck mate should be still under warranty if it's a newish one why not ring customer service and talk to them and just take it to another dealer asked them to come and pick it up they should give you another pick up truck washed yours is being fixed I would ring Emma or dump it on thanks John

Fully agree but what can you do. Hadn't got the stomach to make a big scene and probably still get no result.

Watchdog?

I'd have no choice, I'm bound to create a fuss but I would avoid the garage again.

Still may be worth changing the oil if you intend to keep it.

How long to take the DPF off and burn it off with a hot air gun, is this feasible?

You might need a different vehicle you definately need another garage.

If they are stupid enough to lower the level they are not bright enough to look at the software and get to the bottom of the problem.

If it's in warranty peck their heads until it's fixed. If it's out of warranty get rid.

I had a disco d4 commercial a year ago heap of crap with the v6 ford engine never out the dealer had to go.

Nothing worse than a work truck you can't trust to get you home or you are constantly listening for the next noise.

You say they are stupid just lowering the oil level but I think they know darn well what the problem is and there is nowt they can do about it so cheap fixes suit them as there is no solution. These trucks just don't like lots of short trips . Yes it's under warrantee but read some talk in Fleet News (exciting life I lead) where manufacturers were now not honoring problems like this as it was "driving style" causing the problems. Think there may be many suffering similar problems. In my short wait in the office I overheard two conversations, one on about the updated dipstick and another mentioning oil level rises. Suspect Devon and Cornwall with our endless lanes may suffer more than other areas.

Think in the long term this one has to go as can't see it having a long lifespan with the oil getting diluted hence my other thread http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/arb-trucks/94242-pest-pickup-doing-short-trips.html

Edited by Woodworks

Not quite sure it's up to the industry to dictate how often or how far we should be driving their products.

Sounds like a test case would sort this out - if people roundly abuse vehicles or fail to have maintenance done then that's one thing, but I'd say lots of short trips could be what any reasonable person would do.

Would you have bought the vehicle if they'd been up front about the fact that the engine would probably break fairly quickly unless you only really did long journeys?

I certainly wouldnt.

If they're allowed to get away with this then they'll be happy to.

• 3 months later...

Just a little update. Been talking with Isuzu and had this from them

"Rising oil level can be caused by a vehicle fault but can also be the result of many outside influences including but not limited to: repeated journeys during which the engine does not reach optimum temperature, abnormal periods of engine idling, high number of engine stop starts, extended operation at low vehicle speed, the use of incorrect grades of fuel or engine oil, failure to observe the recommended service regime. The owners handbook supplied with each new Isuzu includes advice appertaining to the function and operation of the DPF."

O and this "The fact that under certain driving conditions problems with DPF performance can be induced is not a vehicle fault. "

Read into that what you will

Edited by Woodworks

"Rising oil level can be caused by a vehicle fault but can also be the result of many outside influences including but not limited to: repeated journeys during which the engine does not reach optimum temperature, abnormal periods of engine idling, high number of engine stop starts, extended operation at low vehicle speed, the use of incorrect grades of fuel or engine oil, failure to observe the recommended service regime. The owners handbook supplied with each new Isuzu includes advice appertaining to the function and operation of the DPF."

O and this "The fact that under certain driving conditions problems with DPF performance can be induced is not a vehicle fault. "

Beau, without wanting to sound arsey you need to complain in the appropiate manner and hopefully get a some headway with Isuzu UK, or get a full/partial refund and they take the truck back.

Wifey ahd mega issues with a brand new Audi TT back in 2000/1, she knew how to draft a 'well written' letter(s) of complaint to the head of Audi UK and he sat up and took note as She was gonna have a banner made up and park it on their forecourt stating it was the worst car she had ever owned.

They did her a great deal on another brand new 2002 TT but this too had issues but no where near as bad as the first car, in the end she had them over a barrel and got the vast majority of her money back. Good luck with it man.:001_smile:

They have therefore subsequently supplied you with a vehicle not fit for its intended purpose - you can return it for a refund under the sale of goods act as far as I'm aware.

This my understanding of what is happening but could well be tosh stocksy.co.uk - Cars - Diesel Particulte Filters (DPF) and Rising Oil Levels - The UK Government Demonstrates the Law of Unintended Consequences

Was told the issues had all been sorted before I bought it and sadly it's all paid for.

Interesting mate , been speaking to my dealer about one this week,and having read this thread I mentioned the DPF , he also assured me that the problem had been solved? :thumbdown::thumbdown: