Firemen losing to a tree

Skyveiw

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I post video as one i funny and yes i undertsnad fireman should spent more time training to save live but i just feel that one train person in a team should competent in tree felling or at less a chainsaw. with so many street tree being planted it might become part of the job to sort this out for public safety

I post video as one i funny and yes i undertsnad fireman should spent more time training to save live but i just feel that one train person in a team should competent in tree felling or at less a chainsaw. with so many street tree being planted it might become part of the job to sort this out for public safety

The emergency services these days wear so many hats, it's impossible for them to be trained so as to be able to deal with every given situation, and so they improvise and do the best that they can. Police, fire or ambo - they all seem to get it in the neck these days for not being up to scratch, but how can they possibly be proficient in absolutely everything. People are quick to take the piss, but what's the first number they call when they can't sort something out themselves!

A lot of the usar crews carry saws and trained to fell trees and emergency tree work tickets.

Certainly Manchester and Liverpool areas as been involved with them:thumbup:

Urban search and rescue I believe it stands for

Just because they're in public sector uniform doesn't make them exempt from ridicule.

Someone bodging a job is bodging, whatever hat they wear. 😉

Indeed it was a bodge, no denying that! But given the kit available, and as said before, the lack of a tree surgeon / feller, they they did the best they could. Try turning up to a road accident in your arv truck and cutting casualties from a mangled wreckage with the kit you have! Now that'd be a bodge :001_tongue: