Idiot proof tools

It would of helped I am sure but I would of said it's only really any good extracting downhill on firm ground. On hard tracks it may work better but imaging how hard it is pushing a trailer weighing half a ton, why would this be easier?

That said, with two people on it it may prove more usefull or better still behind a quad or compact tractor.

I am hanging on to mine as it would still allow you to extract big timber with small machinery

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idiot proof tools for the village idiot. I like that!!!!

The problem with being intellectually challenged Dave is that one is obliged to find tools which are comparable in simplicity to the operator.

With some trepidation I treated myself to a hammer last year. Can I work out how to use the bloody thing!:confused1: God only knows why they have to make these devices so bloomin complicated.:thumbdown:

The problem with being intellectually challenged Dave is that one is obliged to find tools which are comparable in simplicity to the operator.

With some trepidation I treated myself to a hammer last year. Can I work out how to use the bloody thing!:confused1: God only knows why they have to make these devices so bloomin complicated.:thumbdown:

I had the same trouble with the double sided axe :blushing::confused1:

I bought a brilliant tool called either a lathing axe or lathing hammer, the name reflecting that on one side is an axe blade, the other a hammer head. "Great" I thought, as now when I am fitting laths I can use the same tool for chopping them to length and nailing them on, as indeed it is designed to do.

It was only when I started using it to nail on laths at around head height that I realised on the backswing what the issue might be...

Alec

I bought a brilliant tool called either a lathing axe or lathing hammer, the name reflecting that on one side is an axe blade, the other a hammer head. "Great" I thought, as now when I am fitting laths I can use the same tool for chopping them to length and nailing them on, as indeed it is designed to do.

It was only when I started using it to nail on laths at around head height that I realised on the backswing what the issue might be...

Alec

:lol:

I had always wondered how you came to have two heads Alec but thought it rude to ask.