Britain Hating Ideology

DanClimbsTrees

Interesting thread. I have read all of the replies and watched the video.

It seems that weather either party gets elected the results are pretty much the same.

Take a little here give a little there, Opps have to raise taxes again, o well some one else to blame next election cycle. Back and forth, forth and back. Has to be maddening!

The more things change the more they stay the same. Is there a breaking point on behalf of the electorate that continue to elect the same old same old or will the UK continue to conduct business as usual?. This is not a put down of the UK, and God knows we have enough tripe to deal with here in the USA.

easy-lift guy

I agree to some extent that with such an out of touch establishment there is only so much change we can hope for.

We're happy to serve £1,300 bottles of champers (Western Daily Press), at taxpayer's expense, to the presidents of countries which execute 1000s without trial each year but we're not going to spend less than that on the tax credits of a single working parent thus pushing them and their kids closer or over the poverty line...

Whether you're right or left in the UK I think most would agree the Labour Party would not have made such a vulgar attack on the poor and working class. I am not saying they are hugely better but I am at least convinced they're of a higher moral standing.

I like Corbyn. He seems to be a decent guy, raising mostly valid points in a civilized way. The media's coverage of him has been nothing but shameful. Imagine the headlines if it was he that was making deals re. our national infrastructure with the communist party in China!

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My gripe with the tax credit policy is the Tory party admitted before the last election that they would cut tax benefits for working parents, yet Cameron went on national television and outright denied they were going to do it.

We've no children so it does not effect us directly. It's the bare faced lies that get at me.

Corbyn isn't the answer IMO.

My gripe with the tax credit policy is the Tory party admitted before the last election that they would cut tax benefits for working parents, yet Cameron went on national television and outright denied they were going to do it.

We've no children so it does not effect us directly. It's the bare faced lies that get at me.

Corbyn is the answer, but unfortunately not to the question 'How can Labour make themselves electable again'.

Eggs as a purely neutral on the fence ( Switzerland in the war ) position I am intrigued by your post . " Corbin is not the answer " bit I mean . I am clueless as to what the answer is but would be interested if you had any ideas matey . I voted Tory last time but not convinced either way .

I think people need to stop moaning and work harder. The welfare state should be a safety net nothing more!

Raising the minimum wage won't change much imo as products and services will just become more expensive.

Re the lying Cameron he should be held to account for it. I voted Tory but the politicians should at least try to tell the truth and not bare faced lies.

Eggs as a purely neutral on the fence ( Switzerland in the war ) position I am intrigued by your post . " Corbin is not the answer " bit I mean . I am clueless as to what the answer is but would be interested if you had any ideas matey . I voted Tory last time but not convinced either way .

I don't know the answer either Stubby. What I think we need is a fairer system. If a couple with children go to work every day and still can't make ends meet the system is wrong IMO. Yes someone will be along to say they are spunking their money but this isn't the case for lots of people. People are working in factories in my neck of the woods on piss poor wages, house prices are going through the roof, young uns ain't got a chance of buying a house around here. Yet big companies are paying little in tax (guess who owns the big companies).

Back to Corbyn, he's too far left wing. The voting British public (including myself) are just off centre. Too far either way is not going to work.

So far we have tax credits gone, higher wages so folks can afford their own home, Cameron should be held accountable for lyeing, stop serving expensive bubble water to leaders who kill thousands of their own citizens while the UK continues business as usual, people should work harder and stop depending on the government teet for everything, Find someone who can work both sides of the fence while offending no one and leave everyone with a smile on their face, shoot that's the easy part I nominate Jon Mendiplogs as the new PM for the UK.

Problem solved.

easy-lift guy

ps, Jon if you need help with your acceptance speech just send me a pm I can help.

Edited by easy-lift guy

. Imagine the headlines if it was he that was making deals re. our national infrastructure with the communist party in China!

There was a hilarious sketch on HIGNFY last night. Picture of Corbyn / Xi Jinping. One of the panel put a quote to the picture " so, tell me how this communism thing works", then someone else said "who's asking who?"

Not so funny when written, but if watched on Iplayer you'd get the drift!

I was howling!

There was a hilarious sketch on HIGNFY last night. Picture of Corbyn / Xi Jinping. One of the panel put a quote to the picture " so, tell me how this communism thing works", then someone else said "who's asking who?"

Not so funny when written, but if watched on Iplayer you'd get the drift!

I was howling!

T'was very funny.