The D.I.Y arb truck chip body thread

steve7962

Gotta say, unpainted ply looks awful and doesn't give a good pro look. Painting it wont cost you much and makes you look far more professional.

I agree, I backed the ply up with that self coloured 3mm plastic/ali sandwiched board on one of the trucks and its not half as tatty looking.

001_zps01430085.jpg

Not really a substitute for the box bodies though, they come up on ebay cheap every now and then. this one was a bargain.

imagejpg1_zpsa0f7e7da.jpg

All you guys that are putting boxes on non-tipping pickups are going to get seriously ill or dead from shovelling chips out!

Educate yourselves.

Seriously ill or dead? It's exercise at the end of the day! I personally wouldn't do it anymore, and agree if your in for the long haul get a ripper!

I could be wrong but I think the point is that if you're shovelling chip that's been left in your truck more than say a day you could be breathing in spores that can cause health problems. A bit like farmers lung. Not sure there's any health risk shovelling fresh chip though, surely that's just good exercise (but a PITA at the end of a long day!)

What are the insurance implications of all your diy chip boxes? When I got insured on my truck they needed to look into the coachworks company who built it before saying that it was ok to be insured. I would assume that diy boxes need to be checked off somewhere for people's insurance to be valid?

What are the insurance implications of all your diy chip boxes? When I got insured on my truck they needed to look into the coachworks company who built it before saying that it was ok to be insured. I would assume that diy boxes need to be checked off somewhere for people's insurance to be valid?

I dont know, when we do our insurance they ask what a particular vehicle is and we just tell them transit tipper, they seem to grasp what they are insuring. It may cause a problem if say the log book said box van and you had not done the change on the logbook with dvla.

Bob