Any tips for waxoyling a pick up

Orchard

Are you spraying it on? if so avoid getting overspray on the discs and pads, if you can get a bit of pipe on the end of the nozzle so you can direct the spray into the little holes on the chassis to do inside the chassis, and into cross members etc.

If you can take the plastic liners out of the wings, it will make it easier to get to it, and get to other parts like metal brake pipes and so on.

Again if spraying it on try and use a dust sheet to cover the upper body if your bothered about getting the wax over spray on, at the least put news paper on the wind screen.

Get yourself a disposable overall with a hood and cover every bit of your self you can as guaranteed you'll end up covered in it as well! Big decorators sheet on the floor under the truck and basically what Craig said. It's a messy job but worth it.

I've a landy nd if I did that I'd have nowt left to spray onto 😉

A good steam clean is best just to remove anything loose.

Painting it is a pita as you will never be able to get everywhere and the bits you miss will also be the bits where salty Road crud will build up and eat a hole.

Ok spray it is then, is there a pump up kit you get or just use an aerosol type thing? I don't have a powerful compressor and don't want to spend loads on buying the gear.

They used to sell a pump up kit which used the same parts as the larger polyspray garden herbicide sprayers.

It helps to warm the stuff but even then it's a bit thick so I thinned it with white spirit.

I did my ranger with waste oil and creosote mix sprayed on. Like others say wear a boiler suit. I did mine on the concrete yard with a layer of saw dust to soak up the drips. Put the drivers side up on ramps, did all I could see and get to, then tipped the other side up on the ramps, and did the same. It looks really good now.