Buy an echo!!

Logrover

I'm officially fed up of hearing how the echo chainsaw is going to save the planet and make my sex life better while curing all known illnesses and now know how foolish I was to buy a husqvarna and a Stihl and I am going to go for counseling to help me get over my angst. Please stop rubbing it in and let me keep using them till they break down irreparably even though I have had no problems so far I am unable to use them without a feeling of doom and gloom.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

Been a long time reader & only recently joined.

My first post.

I have 2 Echo's a 420 ES & A 620 SX & A Stihl 461.

All great saws.

The 420 came with a 15" Tsumura bar had since 2012 not had one issue.

The 461 had a year with a 18 " bar.

But was in my local dealer & was offered a 620 SX new with a 20" Sugi for £560 so decided to purchase.

Ditched the spark arrestor & dremeled out the deflector.

It truly is a lovely saw .

Torquey nice handling & just feels great in the cut even if you lean on it.

So impressed with it.

Cheers

WD40.

:lol:

Some really funny/desperate fans here - have fun withal the BS, I leaving this thread.

Fact is fact, and hype is hype! :biggrin: Denying simple measurable facts doesn't help credibility.

But before you go...

Please can you explain, preferably without the use of weighing scales;

Why in your opinion, is every saw never quite as good as a Husqvarna 550/560 ? was also compared to a Dolly 420 at about half of the 550 price in another thread.

550/560 cracking saws, but not without issues - (but few are).

Why does there seem to be so many reports of 560s breaking down, some quite prematurely yet they reign supreme in your eyes?

Accepted these are going to be very widely used in an almost 24*7 environment - but thats what they are for.

Why so many positive posts for the Echo 620sx, surely they must be half decent to get such glowing support ?

Just curious

N

Edited by NFG

Some really funny/desperate fans here - have fun withal the BS, I leaving this thread.

Fact is fact, and hype is hype! :biggrin: Denying simple measurable facts doesn't help credibility.

Glad you're leaving - you should never have joined. You saw "echo" in the title and true to form you swaggered in spouting your usual poison.

You go on about facts and hype; the facts are that 560's are the biggest reliability joke in chainsaws for a long time. The only "facts" as you call them that you measure are kW/hp on paper and weight and the dogmatic belief that only outboard clutches are worth having.

YOU are the one in complete narcissistic denial about Husqvarna build quality and reliability in the real world.

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Well you did not answer my question about your saw usage,but I agree fact is fact etc, fact is there are a good few who actually get to use these saws,in a professional capacity, who praise them as viable options,, your the one spouting hype and bs on this thread,hence the hasty retreat, great, but irresponsible to influence other users here who might consider the options out there,and actually have to earn a living and feed their kids on the strength of their choices.

So from me, a big thank you for clearing off without having shown any tangible negatives on either saw, but why would you want to pop up and make yourself look a complete weener?

(That is I believe a type of floppy saussage)!:thumbup:

I reckon they're probably both good saws, each with there strengths and weaknesses.

It that viewpoint too sensible and boring?

Yep joe, far to sensible !! you have to show a degree of mental illness and get a boner over a saw before any one will listen .... Apparently .