Heart attack

NFG

Hi all

This evening I learnt of someone who had suffered a minor heart attack despite being a fairly fit cyclist. After a visit to his GP for dietry advice, who said:

Less fatty meat, more fish /seafood

more fruit & vegatables

no smoking - but he diddnt anyway

and two or three glasses of good red wine every day

N

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As with most things, the ideas/arguments over diet with anything change all the time, however i fully support the red wine theory :blushing:

I was led to believe a while ago that the key age range for heart attacks was 30-40 year old males and the major contributing factor was stress. Sounds plausible to me.

Regards,

Steve.

Hi all

This evening I learnt of someone who had suffered a minor heart attack despite being a fairly fit cyclist. After a visit to his GP for dietry advice, who said:

Less fatty meat, more fish /seafood

more fruit & vegatables

no smoking - but he diddnt anyway

and two or three glasses of good red wine every day

N

I'm on it, but can you define 'good' red wine please?

I'd class any 75cl bottle as 'good' as long as it's 11.5%abv minimum.

2 bottles as 'great'.

3 as Christmas.

I'm on it, but can you define 'good' red wine please?

I'd class any 75cl bottle as 'good' as long as it's 11.5%abv minimum.

2 bottles as 'great'.

3 as Christmas.

Good red, my definition which of course is personal & formed over many years - yours will be very different, but briefly:

1. Generally - 70% Merlot 20% Cab Sav - reminder Cab Franc / Petit Verdot

2. Generally around 8-20 euros when purchased en primeur from one of our favourite chateaux - Cissac, Pierrail, St Emillion GCC, perhaps second growth of Margaux - Sirene de Giscours, Pessac Leognan.

3. Yes, prefably a 75cl bottle this is important, I had a very extensive discussion about the 75 / 70 thing with my neighbours & all agreed its not right.

4. Or anything where we have visited and drunk excellent wine - Jouvent, Cote de Rhone Villages, Lirac, Vissan, Gigondas, Vaquayras, Bourgoyne, Burgundy, theres lots of them & I could bore you to death!

If you love Aussie or USA wines then Im sure there are equivalents, but we dont really see them for sale here.

However, most of the time we drink Merlot from a fountain (box) or our good friends wine which is Pinot Noir and not bad

Bon Sante

N

Edited by NFG

This thread? Music to my ears , but moderation is the key( downer) I'd say 3 glasses a day is a wee bit ott for healthy living before or after a heart attack, hope I'm wrong!

That would be 2 glasses and on to single malt then. :thumbup:

Edited by diervek