What would you look for in a groundie?

Stoatally

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best groundies imo are the ones who leave their phones in the van!

I have recently appointed my groundie head of communications as he is never off his IPhone!

I get that it can be boring dragging brash! But surly that is the motivation to learn to climb so u don't have to drag the brash!

Rant over!

I learnt to climb before I started work in Arb so I kinda bypassed the groundie role!

That would be my recommendation to you as it worked for me!

I'm happy to drag brash and watch and learn. I am doing as many tickets as I can afford on my way in though so I have an idea what to do. Its a steep learning curve.

Also trying to get kit together so I can sub if needed and have my own kit.

I'm happy to drag brash and watch and learn. I am doing as many tickets as I can afford on my way in though so I have an idea what to do. Its a steep learning curve.

Shame you don't live near me. I need a good person to work as a groundie (could also be a 2nd climber).

Shame you don't live near me. I need a good person to work as a groundie (could also be a 2nd climber).

It's mad you're finding it hard to find someone Al, there used to always be loads looking for work on here!

Sound like you're going about everything the right way. As soon as you get your foot in the door I'm sure thing will really take off.

When I started I send a cv and cover letter to a load of firms in my area and stated on it that I'd give them a ring in a week for a chat. That got me a day with a few and then I just bust a gut constantly for them. Work hard and be happy and polite and you'll more than likely be asked back👍

I have gone through 3 this week! 1 turned up 15 mins late for interview, 1 decided that stood round the side of the van on the phone watching me kill myself moving log was best, and the other stood on the pavement covered in chip & twigs with the blower shovel & brush at his feet for 15 mins whilst I was on the blower to a client before I had to tell him to clear up! Wtf is wrong with folk? First impressions count for everything when your wanting work. Work hard, leave ur fags and phone alone till snap time, use your common sense and don't wait to be told what to do, have a laugh get paid go home! Folk don't wanna work at all!!;

First impressions count for everything when your wanting work. Work hard, leave ur fags and phone alone till snap time, use your common sense and don't wait to be told what to do, have a laugh get paid go home! Folk don't wanna work at all!!;

Not a lot to ask to be fair and all thats needed