Where's the best place to stay in northumberland thanks

mendiplogs

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out :

Bed and Breakfast Northumberland | Pub Lowick | Accommodation in Northumberland | The White Swan Inn

good food good stay good crack.family run pub with rooms

close by to Holy island, St cuthberts way, etc

at the end of the village is Kyloe woods, this is 100o acre woodland that is like a mini "canada" due to the size and vast quantities of monumental trees.

Monumental trees in Kyloe Wood in Belford

Redwood World: Belford - Kyloe Wood (Northumberland)

This is where the you can see some of the original Leylandii trees.

History | Leylandii

There is a tarmac road right through the wood but there is no vehicular access allowed. There are scattered old sawmill buildings within the wood to explore and a few shooting bothys dotted throughout.

A fantastic place to escape for an afternoon.

I used to work in the woods carrying out silviculture works.

a magic place not know by many.

regards,

Baz

Check out :

Bed and Breakfast Northumberland | Pub Lowick | Accommodation in Northumberland | The White Swan Inn

good food good stay good crack.family run pub with rooms

close by to Holy island, St cuthberts way, etc

at the end of the village is Kyloe woods, this is 100o acre woodland that is like a mini "canada" due to the size and vast quantities of monumental trees.

Monumental trees in Kyloe Wood in Belford

Redwood World: Belford - Kyloe Wood (Northumberland)

This is where the you can see some of the original Leylandii trees.

History | Leylandii

There is a tarmac road right through the wood but there is no vehicular access allowed. There are scattered old sawmill buildings within the wood to explore and a few shooting bothys dotted throughout.

A fantastic place to escape for an afternoon.

I used to work in the woods carrying out silviculture works.

a magic place not know by many.

regards,

Baz

I'm from Lowick. The place is empty , the best pub is closed ( Black Bull ) and Cragside has bigger trees. But you're right kyloe is

Special also holy island. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

Hi all in late October we thinking of going to Northumberland looking for somewhere very quiet do you know of anywhere all please thanks Jon

Ha ha ha, just read this Jon and burst out laughing - it won't be quiet when you get there mate!!!!

Northumberland is a beautiful county and has coast as well as country. I would certainly recommend a visit to the coastline - Seahouses, Bamburgh beach (one of the best in the world), Beadnell, Alnmouth - they're all beautiful places.

Ha ha ha, just read this Jon and burst out laughing - it won't be quiet when you get there mate!!!!

Northumberland is a beautiful county and has coast as well as country. I would certainly recommend a visit to the coastline - Seahouses, Bamburgh beach (one of the best in the world), Beadnell, Alnmouth - they're all beautiful places.

Hi ROVER thanks for that mate Jon 👍