Woody Lowering Device

S N S Trees

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats a good price for that piece of kit. you've done a good job there mate.:thumbup1:

i`m glad you said that thanks :001_smile: like i said trying to keep costs down as at the mo i don`t know about any one else up and down the country not alot a work around near us its starting to pick up a bit this last two weeks but every little bit of money that can be saved makes a difference

Looks really good... even if it does dig into the tree the normal friction bollards can do anyway with a woopee sling...

A video of attaching to the tree would be really good... I like the way you can obviously get it tight to the stem.

Is it all CE approved etc. ?

:biggrin:

I notice you're going to the Saltex show - Because it's a ground maintenace type show (or was when I went a few times) I'm not sure it will be a great place to demo it....

If only you could have brought one to the FR Jones show - all the cream of tree workers, free to exhibit.... :w00t: Not to worry...

The APF next year would be a good bet though...

:lol:

Looks really good... even if it does dig into the tree the normal friction bollards can do anyway with a woopee sling...

A video of attaching to the tree would be really good... I like the way you can obviously get it tight to the stem.

Is it all CE approved etc. ?

:biggrin:

yes it is CE approved

i will do my best to put a video on this weekend for you of it being fitted to the tree

the only reason its at the show is one of the dealers are taking it with them fingers crossed we will be at the APF next year as long as people wont the product

SNS Trees,

Look at the design of the Hobbs and GRCS, they have been designed to distribute most of the load against the tree in order to help keep the device in position during loading, note where the bollard is in relation to the plate and straps. You need to lift the bollard up on the plate in order to reduce the twisting load on the straps. Any comments?

grcs.jpg.b1345729d6c0bcb6860c337f235c06b7.jpg

hobbs.jpg.802db3a13ed1e5c088c52884bf417365.jpg

Looks neat and simple. Well done.

If this week is anything to go by, my macho little groundie will buy one after he almost joined me up the tree a couple of times. Want to take a wrap? NO!

Want to rig up the figure 8? NO! Want a Woody?.......

IMO the digging in to the cambium thing isn't really an issue. If the bits you are rigging out need an LD, then the tree is probably FUBAR anyway.

the only reason its at the show is one of the dealers are taking it with them fingers crossed we will be at the APF next year as long as people wont the product

Hiya mate. What stand will it be on? If I'm down I'll be interested in popping in and having a look.

SNS Trees,

Look at the design of the Hobbs and GRCS, they have been designed to distribute most of the load against the tree in order to help keep the device in position during loading, note where the bollard is in relation to the plate and straps. You need to lift the bollard up on the plate in order to reduce the twisting load on the straps. Any comments?

thanks for that never noticed that before but we have two straps on the unit to stop any movement at all when it is on the trees keeping it fixed as we have to be careful with the design too that we don`t copy any other as there are patients we have to watch