Landrover 110 Hi Cap Landrover pick up required and any tips to lookf or when buying

Leyburn Lad

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

High milage and questionable condition at that prise jase, spend a bit more and cost less in the long term, decent 110 hi caps are becoming hard to come across and have increased in value in the last year or so.

Unfortunately most were farm vehicles and the disinfectant dip during foot and mouth killed the chassis on these vehicles so you could end up re placing a lot of mettle if you get unlucky.

I'm looking to get my hands on a 110 Land rover hi capacity back, ive a budget of £5000 to 6500 to spend.

What sort of issues and things should I be looking for on a vehicle of that value.

Hi mate what are you getting then td5 300tdi 200tdi or the newer ones look at the chassis on the out riggers the bulk head Head gasket goes sometimes on the 300tdi all so look at services history on the td5 the injectors cost more also see if the clutch is okay to see how high it is were are you getting from you can tell from looking at a truck to see if it had hard live walk away mate there's loads out but you have look the NET you may have look at 3)4 then you get the right one thanks Jon

I'm looking to get my hands on a 110 Land rover hi capacity back, ive a budget of £5000 to 6500 to spend.

What sort of issues and things should I be looking for on a vehicle of that value.

Hi mate your not get much for £5)6k you may be better off looking at disco td5 then if no someone do the work on it that will a cheaper for you thanks that money will get you a 200tdi)300tdi may be a dog of a td5 BUT THEN IT COST YOU LOADS SO NO GOOD THANKS JON 👍

Cheers Jon, can spend a bit more but the bloody thing will only get used maybe once twice a week for the chipper. try to get as much as possible cut on lines with the small van where its to be stacked on site etc. I have seen one over in preston that looked half decent. Is TD5 the better engine? bearing in mind I'm a japcrap man

I bought a 300tdi hicap with 117,000 miles for £5500 inc VAT of Liveridge 4X4, 7 years and 50k miles later (doing a lot of heavy towing) I still maintain that it is the best £5500 i have ever spent on my buisness, it has probably cost me £2k in repairs over that time plus usual servicing.

Most of them will be work trucks so look for usual signs of wear and tear and definiately a thorough inspection of the chassis. Both TD5 and 300tdi are great engines if they have been looked after right. 300 is easier and cheaper to fix- TD5- bit more power and newer. But my mate bought a TD5 hi-cap with only 60k miles on the clock and it was a complete dog and cost him many many thousands! so mileage isn't everthing- servicing is!

the 300tdi's are now going for silly money.

I have a M reg hicap I may be selling soon, but it's a bit tatty, incredibly good work horse though, just can't make up my mind, it only does a few miles a year now but is handy when it's needed.

Things to look out for is rust on chassis especially the rear cross member, outriggers and on the bottom under the cab, rust in bulkhead footwells and around the bottom corners of the screen, door bottoms and underneath of the seat trays.