Corbyn Elected

matelot

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm, coughcough.

Our "farm" was purchased from PAYE earned salaries, the Mrs. a teacher, me rising slowly from Scale 3 through to SO2(in my 50's), ingesting some considerable shite along the way.

And Presbyterian delayed gratification thrift and prudence.

And double jobbing.(taxes paid on that too)

I actually have to work for a living, well, not really, but I choose to.

m

Erm, cough, cough,

Wot about ussens, that worked, paid PAYE, saved, paid taxes on that, kept ourselves insured, taxed again.

etc etc

Then bought property, and paid stamp duty on that forby.

Hardly "free" was it, the property we bought, incl farmland.

I kind of think that's the point (at least in part) of the article.....

Acquiring land IS taxed, as you describe above.

Passing it from generation to generation - wether that be grand estate ownership or farmland (which is also exempt inheritance tax, business rates, reduced council tax on generally large detached country houses, rebated diesel, state sponsorship colloquially referred to as 'subsidy' to name but a few, without wishing to go too far out on a tangent.....) is 'excused' tax because it might put a tiny dent in the vast fortunes of the landed gentry.

It's perverse in the extreme!

Erm, coughcough.

Our "farm" was purchased from PAYE earned salaries, the Mrs. a teacher, me rising slowly from Scale 3 through to SO2(in my 50's), ingesting some considerable shite along the way.

And Presbyterian delayed gratification thrift and prudence.

And double jobbing.(taxes paid on that too)

I actually have to work for a living, well, not really, but I choose to.

m

What do you mean by scale 3 to SO2?

I cant believe for a moment anyone would think that taxing the wealthy would improve the countries finances or benefit the working class. In short they would be gone along with their wealth long before any legislation or new tax laws made a dent in it. Right now this country needs to attract investment and not scare it away.

Bob

I cant believe for a moment anyone would think that taxing the wealthy would improve the countries finances or benefit the working class. In short they would be gone along with their wealth long before any legislation or new tax laws made a dent in it. Right now this country needs to attract investment and not scare it away.

Bob

How about the absurdity of paying landowners money gathered from tax payers to maintain grouse shooting grounds?

I'll but a pint for anyone that can provide a credible justification for that!

How about the absurdity of paying landowners money gathered from tax payers to maintain grouse shooting grounds?

I'll but a pint for anyone that can provide a credible justification for that!

Many on this forum are employed directly in this type of work, I dont agree with it but if its granted its normally only a percentage and if the grants were not there the work would not get done = more jobs gone.

Bob

Edited by aspenarb

http://www.salmonfishingforum.com/forums/thread136186.html

The grouse boys really don't like Cris packham !

I think another example of tax money not well spent was the whole biomass scheme, I think personally it was just a front so the rich could heat there huge country homes ..by the time villages and communities who could really benefit had raising the money from it most of the RHI had gone.... barely worth doing now, in the mean while people who had the money to do such scheme already in the bank are saving and making money.