Drowned refugee children

SteveA

Why would I/we want or need to integrate into an alien culture/relgion/language in our home country? Sure if I chose to live in Syria I would definitely try my hardest to integrate as best I could, but I wouldnt expect any Syrian to integrate with my lifestyle in their home country.

Sorry, I meant integrate in a wider sense.... ie, acknowledging the fact that Planet Earth doesn't begin and end in the UK.

cheers, steve

The thing is places like Africa and the Middle East have a different culture to Europe, their attitude towards women/ minorities/ other religions just doesn't fit in with Europe.

Just because they arrive in Europe and get a European passport doesn't mean they suddenly believe that woman are equal and that religion has no role in the state.

How many terrorist attacks is Europe prepared to withstand because of the migrants we are taking in? We all know that there are terrorists amongst the migrants, we all know that in thirty years time when the migrants have children that the children will resent Europe and commit terrorist attacks.

What is it now, 700 Brits have went to fight for ISIS?

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone changed their mind about the migrant crisis?

A lot of the migrants don't do themselves any favours by rioting when they don't get their way.... I have to admit my compassion for them has disappeared.

I honestly think taking these people into Europe will be an absolute disaster.

Social media is available the world over, a bit slower in some parts of the world, but its there. How long do those supporting us accepting migrants think it will take before word gets all round the world that europe is a push over and a great place to be? At that point the thousands we have now will be millions from all over asia, the middle east and africa. No fence or barrier will stop crowds that big.

So do all other reasonably minded people in Europe.

The Prime Minister of Hungary Victor Orlan has had the courage to point out something which is obvious but anathema to the politically correct elites of Europe, namely, that immigration on the current scale will result in Europeans becoming a minority in their own continent with a consequent loss of European values.

The mainstream media and politicians in Britain and the rest of Europe are voraciously feeding the public what amounts to unashamed propaganda to persuade them to accept not merely huge numbers of Third World immigrants now, but an ongoing and ever increasing stream in the not too distant future. These politically correct idiots think they're safe from the effects of mass immigration, but if it continues at it's current rate their children and grandchildren will not be so lucky.

Has anyone changed their mind about the migrant crisis?

A lot of the migrants don't do themselves any favours by rioting when they don't get their way.... I have to admit my compassion for them has disappeared.

So do all other reasonably minded people in Europe.

The Prime Minister of Hungary Victor Orlan has had the courage to point out something which is obvious but anathema to the politically correct elites of Europe, namely, that immigration on the current scale will result in Europeans becoming a minority in their own continent with a consequent loss of European values.

The mainstream media and politicians in Britain and the rest of Europe are voraciously feeding the public what amounts to unashamed propaganda to persuade them to accept not merely huge numbers of Third World immigrants now, but an ongoing and ever increasing stream in the not too distant future. These politically correct idiots think they're safe from the effects of mass immigration, but if it continues at it's current rate their children and grandchildren will not be so lucky.

.....and all a result of " mans inhumanity to man"

Been about since the year dot, and showing no signs of disappearing anytime soon.

i find it incredible that countries which have less resources are able to share more than we can here

" 3.8 million refugees from Syria (95 per cent) are in just five countries Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq and Egypt:" this was back in 2014! we are suggested we take 20,000 over 5 years.

do you really think that suddenly our country will be totally over run with syrians just desperate to come and sign on? personally i can't imagine how desperate i would have to be to make the journey from a war torn country like syria/iraq/afghanistan, rather than doing it for a free ride in the uk.

immigration.jpg.2c784073fba3e162c91ae8a71259cc04.jpg

i find it incredible that countries which have less resources are able to share more than we can here

" 3.8 million refugees from Syria (95 per cent) are in just five countries Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq and Egypt:" this was back in 2014! we are suggested we take 20,000 over 5 years.

do you really think that suddenly our country will be totally over run with syrians just desperate to come and sign on? personally i can't imagine how desperate i would have to be to make the journey from a war torn country like syria/iraq/afghanistan, rather than doing it for a free ride in the uk.

Well said.