Shoreham Air Show

Shane

I use the A27/A23 every day, just finished a job on Sat 1pm and was coming South on the A23 at Hassocks Hill doing about 70mph when a Disco Ambulance followed by a Volvo estate Ambulance went passed us at such speed must have been over 100mph off to Shoreham I guess.

All traffic stopped on the A23 so I diverted via Haywards Heath only to find myself 2 wheel up on the kerb as a "Fire Bus" 52 seather coach, never seen one of those before ... came through.

Thoughs as always to families and service personnel.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use the A27/A23 every day, just finished a job on Sat 1pm and was coming South on the A23 at Hassocks Hill doing about 70mph when a Disco Ambulance followed by a Volvo estate Ambulance went passed us at such speed must have been over 100mph off to Shoreham I guess.

All traffic stopped on the A23 so I diverted via Haywards Heath only to find myself 2 wheel up on the kerb as a "Fire Bus" 52 seather coach, never seen one of those before ... came through.

Thoughs as always to families and service personnel.

I had avoided the A23 but was jammed by devils dyke, two ambulances passed but I didn't notice the smoke, went for a dip so was totally oblivious till 17:00.

One of the managers was at the show and didn't get away till 20:00.

Devastating tragedy

The father of one of my groundies is a fireman at Worthing and he attended the scene.

I spoke with him this morning - it would not be appropriate to repeat most of what he said, lets just say the casualty numbers are bound to rise.

Thoughts go to all those touched by these events.

That picture is truly horrific.

I was at Duxford when the Skyraider collided with Mustang. Skyraider lost a wingtip and the Mustang went down. Pilot did a fantastic job he bailed out at tree top hight putting the plane into an empty field.

Been too many accidents of late....Spitfire, Hunter, Gnat i wonder what changes will be made to stop them happening again.

The father of one of my groundies is a fireman at Worthing and he attended the scene.

I spoke with him this morning - it would not be appropriate to repeat most of what he said, lets just say the casualty numbers are bound to rise.

Hi Shane it must be horrific for the emergency services what they see their Thoughts go out to the family members of crash victims thanks Jon

Truly horrific shane , my otherhalfs best mate was the first copper on the scene he was parked up down the road after pulling someone over , said it was the worst scene hes ever been to in nearly 20 years ,

One of the resue crew told me that they use coded messages over the tannoy so the public don't get unduly alarmed.

Announcements asking a particular person to contact the Info desk etc.

I guess that makes sense - when I worked in a cinema we had to use the word 'sand' instead of 'fire' for the same reason.

I recently read that the daimler driver who died had let someone out ahead of him, they were the last car to clear the lights on green. He stopped on the red and then.....

It just shows that life can be a lottery - all we can do is minimise the more obvious and potentially self-inflicted problems.

Be safe out there.

It just shows that life can be a lottery - all we can do is minimise the more obvious and potentially self-inflicted problems.

Be safe out there.

It is such a shame.

I'm not going to speculate on the cause, but if it does turn out to be related to the warm humid day, the very thing that drew many of those people out for a trip to the seaside, ultimately caused their demise.

Fate is the hunter.