Leaning oak reduction

Adam Bourne

Also regarding the film. I agree that there's been loads of smash bang take down videos and I am keen to see more pruning videos, but I watch to try and learn. The one perspective head cam shots would be better interspersed with ground shots edited to show what your doing from the side too. Also I would prefer to hear you talking about what your doing and why, more than just music. Not easy and I'm not criticising. I think there's lots of scope for more detailed instructional videos going into the more subtle aspects of tree work.

Thanks

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha! Adam, its just too long mate, not many will sit through long videos! golden rule is 3 second clips and about 4 minutes long!

You're getting mixed up with your other kind of 'videos'.

I'll watch it when I'm settled Adam, perfect partner for a meal for one.

I like music, but commentary is better.

I suppose the swear filter couldn't handle you, mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I understand what you're saying, my point is though most people simply don't have the time to spare to sit through a 17 minute video. I wish I did!

I suppose it's a big thing to ask to sit there and watch the whole thing, it is nice to get feedback however :)

Have a baby mate. You can watch as many videos as you like at 4 am.

I thought it was a good video mate. I had to watch it twice as I fell asleep but that was the baby's fault, not the content! Looked scorchio as well

Cheers Tommy, it was a sweltering day! Also being a mixed wood the hornets, bees, wasps ect made a huge buzzing drone all day! Incredible really.

Adam..what rope are you using in the vid

Kernmaster fire dragon sun god mate.

Also regarding the film. I agree that there's been loads of smash bang take down videos and I am keen to see more pruning videos, but I watch to try and learn. The one perspective head cam shots would be better interspersed with ground shots edited to show what your doing from the side too. Also I would prefer to hear you talking about what your doing and why, more than just music. Not easy and I'm not criticising. I think there's lots of scope for more detailed instructional videos going into the more subtle aspects of tree work.

Thanks

I'll see what happens in future videos, I just hate talking to the camera to be fair! Gives me an inferior complex haha :D

You're getting mixed up with your other kind of 'videos'.

I'll watch it when I'm settled Adam, perfect partner for a meal for one.

I like music, but commentary is better.

I suppose the swear filter couldn't handle you, mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Haha I don't swear that much do I?? Lol

You could have at least edited it a tiny bit though mate, it only took you the length of that vid to do the whole tree! The footage from the beech any good?

Next on the list to look at and do mate I'm sure it turned out ok though :)

Getting good at those reductions Adam :001_tongue:

Nice to see some unedited pruning vids so they will be long.

Cheers dude.

I like to think I know what I'm doing hahaha :D

Great vid Adam, admittedly I fast forwarded a little but it was good to see how you are working the tree, great for starters to see an experienced climbers perspective and how important it is to have a sharp saw on a reduction (they should always be sharp I know, some new climbers don't even think of this....) no room for rips on reductions..... also enjoyed seeing how the SRT works well with a reduction.

The finished job was perfect, looked really nice and natural in it's setting.