Urinating In A Client's Yard?

Haironyourchest

I was once reducing a conifer hedge in a garden, the sort you climb in then walk through the middle. It was pretty tall, about the height of the upstairs windows. I had the urge to pee and couldn't be bothered to climb down so figured I could just per right where u was, nothing to clean on the inside of the hedge so didn't have to worry about pissing in stuff the groundsmen were handling. What I didn't take into account though was that it was a cold cold day and the second I started a cloud of steam appeared all around me. What with the guilty look on my face it would have been pretty obvious to anyone what I was doing

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant input fellers!

I just read all of your comments to my girlfriend over coffee - they made her day, especially Starscream's story about the blower :lol::lol:

Pretty much everyone I've worked for has offed the use of their water closet, but as has been said, one doesn't want to have to brush down, de-boot etc every time one has to pee.

I carry bog roll and a folding spade in the van for emergencies, but only for use in remote and john-less situations. Also handy for shifting animal droppings.

Probably worth fixing a plastic jerrycan under the bonnet somewhere with a (largish!) hose just poking throught the front grill at the right level.

Bend over the engine with a couple of spanners in hand

Then when the lady appears with the cup of tea unexpectedly you can mutter something about could they just leave it somewhere nearby as you are in the middle of a very fiddly job in the engine compartment!

Seems like a lot of support for using the vehicle... with a big van its obviously the way to go, but when you drive a kangoo? I could open the back doors, stand in and leave them slightly closed behind me I suppose. I'll have to rig up a solid bulkhead though, as can be seen through the windshield. Will try it later.

I was once reducing a conifer hedge in a garden, the sort you climb in then walk through the middle. It was pretty tall, about the height of the upstairs windows. I had the urge to pee and couldn't be bothered to climb down so figured I could just per right where u was, nothing to clean on the inside of the hedge so didn't have to worry about pissing in stuff the groundsmen were handling. What I didn't take into account though was that it was a cold cold day and the second I started a cloud of steam appeared all around me. What with the guilty look on my face it would have been pretty obvious to anyone what I was doing

Superb Steve . Must have looked like Dracula rising from the hedge :biggrin:

Probably worth fixing a plastic jerrycan under the bonnet somewhere with a (largish!) hose just poking throught the front grill at the right level.

Bend over the engine with a couple of spanners in hand

Then when the lady appears with the cup of tea unexpectedly you can mutter something about could they just leave it somewhere nearby as you are in the middle of a very fiddly job in the engine compartment!

Normal hose would do me.

Nice one . This is the point you should of revved your saw and shouted dam my saws seized :001_tongue: Seconds later shout its alright just crap in the fuel . Sometimes you just gotta pee :laugh1:

I have been doing thinning and maintenance at two or three suburban properties in the same street, over that last few years. They are all around a acre, lawns and trees, generally pretty scrappy and rugged woodland with a fair amount of undergrowth, fallen trees with overgrown rootplates, ridges of fern covered bedrock etc.

Whilst working, I have always picked my spot, where I'm fairly sure I will not be seen by the owners or by neighbours. So far so good. But being that I like to keep hydrated and will normally get through three or four litres a day in the summertime, I can't help but wonder if the odds are against me that some day I will eventually be spotted.

From my favourite spot in two of these sites I can see three or four houses, albeit through the bushes, and at some little distance. I have tried to judge the angles and lines of sight as best I can, to occlude my activity from the waist down.

Trouble is as I clear more ground, I am eroding my own privacy.

Anyway thats my experience. Anyone got any stories, thoughts? Should this be a moral debate? Googling "I pee in my client's yard" brings up some interesting stuff, mainly from the States. Some people have strong feeling about it both ways......

If this is inappropriate Im sorry and I wouldn't blame anyone if it gets deleted....

I hide in a dumpy sack on the back of the van, u just look like a sack of rubbish then