Renting farm ground

jamesd

Did that search and found --

"Environment Agency officials visited on July 7, 2011 and saw a pile of smouldering greenery with tree trunks and soil on top. "There were orange flames under larger logs and smoke coming from several places in the fire."

Wow - these EA guys know their stuff.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did that search and found --

"Environment Agency officials visited on July 7, 2011 and saw a pile of smouldering greenery with tree trunks and soil on top. "There were orange flames under larger logs and smoke coming from several places in the fire."

Wow - these EA guys know their stuff.

Yes ha ha very droll but you also have to realise is that they document facts like that right before they whack you with a fine for the illegal activity :thumbdown:

Renting a bit of space to a tree surgeon just for security of his truck and kit is one thing , allowing the place to become a chip dump,burn site and firewood processing yard is another. I am just about to divide a bit of space out the front into four small units for tree surgeons and there are enough takers. That will be a 20`shipping container with a 15`gap and gates on the front, no chip,logs or firewood.

Bob

You would need to be careful, if the farmer is planning to use the green "stuff" (Dont use waste as the EA will get interrested) you bring back as compast for the land then not a problem, if you treat the compost in anyway then it is time to think about licences and planning. PM if you want EA stuff. Otherwise keep your head down dont mention anything.

I had a lucky escape , I rented a yard for firewood and general dumping ground for around 15 years without a problem

Just off a main road , I had already run the yard down with readiness for a yard move

I got a phone call asking why I wasn't paying business rates , I told him that I was packing in , and was asked to prove it

I asked why he was asking and was told that they knew about me for a long time but weren't botherd until now when they need to claw some money back , and that they were trawling the internet for more CLIENTS so be carefull

You may be able to reach a mutually beneficial arrangement with the farmer.

There is a tight limit on composting, but if the farmer is prepared to spread for mulching as a water retention measure then with the appropriate exemption they can keep a stack of up to 60tons, so long as it is away from a watercourse. Basically, build it up, spread it, repeat indefinitely. Good for the soil and good for you.

It's why I am open to any chip that anyone ever wants to tip - I can lose 60tons a year with no problem and if I ever got more (I wish!) my neighbour would take it for the same thing.

Alec