Cinch users

Steve Bullman

i have a cinch, but im undecided wether i prefer it to the positioner as yet, seem to remember mr haine mentioning that it was useable left or right handed

I think the positioner wins out as a lanyard adjuster over the cinch just!

I use my lanyard as more than just a lanyard thou its also a 10m single line which can really help out on occasion getting out to those hard to reach places with a bit more ease, just gives me a few more options.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have been using the cinch since the Arb show. I use it on the left side and am using 10mm Liros in it. Im not that impressed with the liros as a lanyard.

I have just 1 D ring on my bridge and it does get a bit jumbled with the hitch climber. It is less jumbled if you you use a large caribener with it. When using it in the single line configuration I tie an alpine butterfly in the line, pass the lanyard over the branch and clip into that. I find this much easier than using a little prussik on it.

Im not totally sold on it and might go back to my lanyard with a Vt.

• 1 month later...

Ive been using a Cinch for little over a year now and will not go back to any other system i have tried..

pros. over hitches is that it never bites no matter how much sap is on your rope and it is much more compact, sitting nicely on either the right or left hand side D's..

The Cinch can be released under full load precisely by using the black handle, It also can realease rope quickly, threw a lil twist of the Cinch to an open feed/release positon..

Where it comes into its own is when it is used as a single line system...

This is a secondary system only limted bye the length of rope you carry as a lanyard (mine is about 5m).. perfect for work positioning in tricky day to day circumstances..

All that is needed is a small RATED webbing sling which prevents side loading of the carbiner when it is locked off to a limb..

The cinch is then used single line just remember that ascending a single line system like this requires more strength so attaching a pantin foot ascender my help..

• 1 month later...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9TO5ikqXwo&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9TO5ikqXwo&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• 2 weeks later...